Arbitrage betting (these bets are also known as ‘spreads’) use a spread between odds set by different bookmakers. Combined odds reduce a bookie’s profit margin, which is the reason why bettors are actively using arbitrage betting to their advantage.
For arbitrage betting, you need to pick several bookmakers with low profit margins and the highest maximum limits for bets. The list of bookies with low profit margins include William Hill, Bet365, Ladbrokes, Bwin, Bet Victor, and PinnacleSports.
Arbitrage betting is possible due to bookmakers’ different opinions about certain teams or athletes. If there is any uncertainty about the upcoming sports event, the difference between profit margins set by different bookies is growing. Simply put, bookmakers estimate the odds differently. This difference gave rise to arbitrage betting that allows bettors to win regardless of the outcome.
Example of arbitrage betting
Here is an example explaining how arbitrage betting works. The table below contains the odds set by two different bookmakers for an upcoming tennis match between Player 1 and Player 2.
Odds by Bookmaker А
Odds by Bookmaker B
Arbitrage betting (spread)
95.9 % (your profit is 4.1%)
Comparing the odds for Outcome 2 by Bookmaker A and the odds for Outcome 2 by Bookmaker B, the bettor can get a guaranteed profit of 4.1% (100 – 95.9 = 4.1).
This model works for any types of bets, including spread betting. Allowing to buy and sell bets under constantly changing circumstances, live betting offers multiple opportunities for arbitrage betting.
Arbitrage betting: possible pitfalls
Just like any other type of bets, arbitrage betting has its drawbacks.
Limited size of bets and account freeze
Many bookmakers are trying to cut down the opportunities for arbitrage betting. Make sure to inquire about the maximum sizes of bets in advance. Some bookmakers go even further and freeze the accounts of particularly lucky bettors.
Bookmakers may cancel a bet that contained mistakes, which may cut down your arbitrage betting opportunities. You risk losing your profits earned over a long period of time.
To make the most of arbitrage betting, you need to have multiple accounts with various bookmakers and plenty of time. First, this requires a lot of effort. Second, it leads to high operational costs. This scenario is only suitable for those willing to make arbitrage betting their full-time career.
Lack of stability and trust
As bookmakers are constantly changing the odds, the interval for arbitrage betting may get reduced down to 15 minutes. Prepare for fast decision-making under stress. When pressed for time, people tend to make mistakes. To minimize risks, you can use special arbitrage betting software that can be rather costly.
Write a comment
- Required fields are marked with *.
Arbitrage betting: best sports betting strategy
[ 13.10.16 ]
Arbitrage betting is about the only truly profitable betting strategy that allows bettors to beat bookmakers
Arbitrage Betting Strategy - your bets will be successful
[ 04.08.16 ]
With arbitrage betting strategy, 100% of your bets will be successful. There is no mistake or cheating. This amazing system allows you to place profitable bets
- Sports Betting. Juventus vs AC Milan [10.03.17] : the tradition to beat Rossoneri in Turin
- Betting. Lyon vs Roma [09.03.17] : a goal-rich game
- Sports Betting. Napoli vs Real Madrid [07.03.17] : Partenopei to win but Blancos to qualify
- Betting. Lazio vs Roma [01.03.17] : the fierce Derby della Capitale
- Sports Betting. Leicester City vs Liverpool [27.02.17] : Reds to slay half dead Foxes
- Betting. Roma vs Villarreal [23.02.17] : the sunken submarine
- Betting sites: to trust or not to trust?
- How to pick the best betting sites?
- Sports betting sites: pros and cons
- How to Pick Best Betting Sites
- The 50th Super Bowl made history as an immensely expensive show followed by social unrest
- Super Bowl bets 2018 - 2021
- Super Bowl bets 2017
- Super Bowl 2016. Leading contenders
- NFL Super Bowl 2016. Where and when will Super Bowl 2016 take place?
- Another amazing NBA betting strategy
- Basketball betting strategy based on lineup changes
- NBA betting: Betting on favorite winning a quarter
- Even-Odd live basketball betting strategy
- Basketball betting: Odd/even score
- NBA Betting. Oscar’s Grind strategy in basketball betting
- NBA betting. How to earn on NBA arbitrage betting
- NBA Betting. How and where to place profitable basketball bets
- NBA betting. What makes NBA betting different from other basketball bets
- NBA Betting Strategies
- Yellow card football betting
- Football Betting. Live corners betting
- Corners football betting. Strategy and useful tips
- Football betting. How to make money on soccer bet
- Tips To Win At Football Betting
- Sports gambling: psychological aspect
- Basic things all online sports gambling fans should know
- Things Sports Gambling Fans Should Know
- What sets golf betting apart from other betting types
- Golf Betting. Top popular tournaments for successful golf betting
- Guide to golf betting
- Types of Golf Betting
- Spread betting. Spread betting types in tennis
- Sports spread betting. Spread betting types in football
- Sports Spread Betting: FAQ
- Types of spread betting
- Common mistakes by live betting lovers
- What makes live betting different from other online sports betting types
- Live Betting. How to succeed in live betting and minimize your losses
- What makes live betting special
- Live betting 101: Introduction
- Zero handicap and negative handicap in tennis betting
- Tennis player’s physical shape as a tennis betting strategy
- Tennis betting: long-term and combination
- Tennis betting strategies: double betting and game betting
- Tennis Betting Strategy
- Comparing the Strategies of Poker and Sports Betting
- Martingale sports betting strategy: pitfalls
- Sports betting strategies that preserve your bankroll. Money management strategies
- Sports betting strategy. How to use Kelly Criterion as a sports betting strategy
- Sports betting strategy. Martingale and D’Alembert financial strategies
- Flat Sports Betting Strategy Is Not Rocket Science
- NHL betting. How to make accurate NHL betting predictions
- Types of hockey bet
- About NHL betting and NHL betting strategies
- How does the betting insurance work?
- How many bookmakers to pick to make money on sports betting?
- How to start winning at sports betting
- Sports Betting. Basic betting terms
- Successful Sports Betting: Practical Tips
- What do I do if my bookmaker refuses to pay out my winnings?
- Online Bookmakers. How a bookmaker works
- Where to place safe sports bets. How to pick a reliable bookmaker
- How Bookmaker Works
- NFL betting. Where and how to succeed in NFL sports betting
- Beginner’s guide to NFL betting
- NFL betting: predictions and bets
- What makes NFL betting different
- Top popular horse betting types
- Horse betting: rules and strategies
- Horse betting: types and specifics
- Horse Racing Betting Strategies
- Arbitrage betting: best sports betting strategy
- Arbitrage Betting Strategy - your bets will be successful