Arbitrage betting: best sports betting strategy[ 13.10.16 ]
Arbitrage betting is about the only truly profitable betting strategy that allows bettors to beat bookmakers.
About arbitrage betting strategy
When using the arbitrage betting strategy, you need to compare the odds on the same sports outcome across different bookmakers and pick the best options with the highest potential profits. In the best scenario, you place bets on different outcomes and lock in juicy profits regardless of the game outcome.
Arbitrage betting strategy has grown very popular with the development of online betting. Bettors were given the opportunity to compare odds across different betting websites and pick the optimal opportunities.
Comparing sports betting odds
As most bookmakers provide roughly the same sports odds, this makes it hard for bettors to use arbitrage betting strategy to their advantage. But if a bookmaker has not had the time to adjust the odds in a newly published betting line, a bettor has a good chance to detect varying odds and place successful sports bets.
Arbitrage betting strategy is not rocket science. The only flaw is that you have to browse through and compare multiple betting options on multiple betting sites. So prepare to dedicate much time and patience to this strategy. The good news is that algorithm always stays the same:
pick an event you’re going to bet on;
pick a bookmaker with the highest odds on a certain selected outcome;
pick another bookmaker with the highest odds on the opposite outcome;
subtract 1 from each odds;
multiply the two resulting odds;
if the final result is more than 1, congratulations! You have detected a good arbitrage opportunity.
Calculating the size of your bet by using arbitrage betting strategy
Suppose, bookmaker B1 has the highest odds (2.3) on T1’s winning the game. Bookmaker B2 sets the highest odds (1.8) on T2’s winning.
Let’s calculate the arbitrage: (2.3-1)х(1.8-1)=1.04, or 104%. The optimal decision is to bet on T1’s winning with B1 and on T2’s winning with B2. Regardless of the game outcome, your profit will be 4% of your total bet.
Now we have to decide how much money we should put at stake. It’s very simple.
Suppose, we bet 40$ on T1’s winning. The size of your first bet does not matter. Our task is to calculate the size of the second bet based on bookmaker odds.
To do this, we will use a simple formula. First, the odds on the first outcome are divided by the odds total. Then the result is multiplied by your bet on the first outcome.
This means that you should be $22 on the second outcome.
Regardless of which team wins the match, you will lock in a 4% profit.
Arbitrage betting drawbacks
What may drive bettors away is big time investments. Prepare to spend much time on calculations (see the examples above) to find promising arbitrage betting opportunities. But while Excel may simplify this task for you, you’ll still have to search for the right odds all by yourself.
To make for your time investments, you need to pick the events with 5-10% profitability, which is not that easy.
But the major pitfall is that bookmakers dislike professional bettors that are hunting for good arbitrage betting opportunities. To cut their potential winnings, betting sites set maximum bet limits.
- Sports Betting. Juventus vs AC Milan [10.03.17] : the tradition to beat Rossoneri in Turin
- Betting. Lyon vs Roma [09.03.17] : a goal-rich game
- Sports Betting. Napoli vs Real Madrid [07.03.17] : Partenopei to win but Blancos to qualify
- Betting. Lazio vs Roma [01.03.17] : the fierce Derby della Capitale
- Sports Betting. Leicester City vs Liverpool [27.02.17] : Reds to slay half dead Foxes
- Betting. Roma vs Villarreal [23.02.17] : the sunken submarine
- Betting sites: to trust or not to trust?
- How to pick the best betting sites?
- Sports betting sites: pros and cons
- How to Pick Best Betting Sites
- The 50th Super Bowl made history as an immensely expensive show followed by social unrest
- Super Bowl bets 2018 - 2021
- Super Bowl bets 2017
- Super Bowl 2016. Leading contenders
- NFL Super Bowl 2016. Where and when will Super Bowl 2016 take place?
- Another amazing NBA betting strategy
- Basketball betting strategy based on lineup changes
- NBA betting: Betting on favorite winning a quarter
- Even-Odd live basketball betting strategy
- Basketball betting: Odd/even score
- NBA Betting. Oscar’s Grind strategy in basketball betting
- NBA betting. How to earn on NBA arbitrage betting
- NBA Betting. How and where to place profitable basketball bets
- NBA betting. What makes NBA betting different from other basketball bets
- NBA Betting Strategies
- Yellow card football betting
- Football Betting. Live corners betting
- Corners football betting. Strategy and useful tips
- Football betting. How to make money on soccer bet
- Tips To Win At Football Betting
- Sports gambling: psychological aspect
- Basic things all online sports gambling fans should know
- Things Sports Gambling Fans Should Know
- What sets golf betting apart from other betting types
- Golf Betting. Top popular tournaments for successful golf betting
- Guide to golf betting
- Types of Golf Betting
- Spread betting. Spread betting types in tennis
- Sports spread betting. Spread betting types in football
- Sports Spread Betting: FAQ
- Types of spread betting
- Common mistakes by live betting lovers
- What makes live betting different from other online sports betting types
- Live Betting. How to succeed in live betting and minimize your losses
- What makes live betting special
- Live betting 101: Introduction
- Zero handicap and negative handicap in tennis betting
- Tennis player’s physical shape as a tennis betting strategy
- Tennis betting: long-term and combination
- Tennis betting strategies: double betting and game betting
- Tennis Betting Strategy
- Comparing the Strategies of Poker and Sports Betting
- Martingale sports betting strategy: pitfalls
- Sports betting strategies that preserve your bankroll. Money management strategies
- Sports betting strategy. How to use Kelly Criterion as a sports betting strategy
- Sports betting strategy. Martingale and D’Alembert financial strategies
- Flat Sports Betting Strategy Is Not Rocket Science
- NHL betting. How to make accurate NHL betting predictions
- Types of hockey bet
- About NHL betting and NHL betting strategies
- How does the betting insurance work?
- How many bookmakers to pick to make money on sports betting?
- How to start winning at sports betting
- Sports Betting. Basic betting terms
- Successful Sports Betting: Practical Tips
- What do I do if my bookmaker refuses to pay out my winnings?
- Online Bookmakers. How a bookmaker works
- Where to place safe sports bets. How to pick a reliable bookmaker
- How Bookmaker Works
- NFL betting. Where and how to succeed in NFL sports betting
- Beginner’s guide to NFL betting
- NFL betting: predictions and bets
- What makes NFL betting different
- Top popular horse betting types
- Horse betting: rules and strategies
- Horse betting: types and specifics
- Horse Racing Betting Strategies
- Arbitrage betting: best sports betting strategy
- Arbitrage Betting Strategy - your bets will be successful