Sports betting sites: pros and cons[ 20.09.16 ]
A worthy rival of land-based bookmaker offices, online sports betting is getting increasingly popular nowadays. A bookie can be successful without having a brick-and-mortar office, i.e. by only taking online stakes.
Betting sites: advantages
It’s not surprising that many bettors are finding it highly convenient to place bets via online betting sites. First, it saves much of your time. You don’t have to leave your home and go to a bookmaker office to place a sports bet. Furthermore, you don’t have spend time on reaching your destination, standing in a queue, and studying a betting line.
Second, over the last couple of years, sports betting sites are offering special mobile applications to enjoy sports gambling right on your phone. Nowadays, it’s really hard to find a person without a smartphone. Now you don’t even need a computer to place a sports bet. All you need to do is to start your mobile application or visit a mobile version of your selected betting site. You can place bets via a couple of screen touches. Can it get any easier? There is more good news: some sports betting sites encourage their clients for using mobile applications through special bonuses.
Available statistics are another big advantage of the best sports betting sites. You don’t have to remember how a certain team or an athlete has performed over the season. Just visit a respective website section to obtain all statistical information you need.
Huge selection of sports bets is a big advantage the best betting sites can offer. A wide variety of sports bets boosts bettors’ interest in online betting. A bettor has an opportunity to wager on almost any event that may happen during the game.
Safe financial transactions are yet another reason to choose an online betting site over a land-based bookie. No need to worry about crediting money to the wrong account or having trouble withdrawing your winnings. Reliable betting sites always fulfill obligations towards their clients.
Moreover, the best betting sites are taking sports bets 24/7 which is a very important advantage for some bettors.
And last but not least. Bonuses are another major reason why the best sports betting sites are extremely popular among gamblers. While clearing your bookmaker bonus is quite a challenge, sports betting sites are holding special offers on a regular basis. It’s up to you to decide whether to take part in them or not.
Sports betting sites: cons
As you can see, the best sports betting sites have a pretty impressive list of advantages. Now it’s time to talk about things that may be not so attractive about betting sites.
When betting on a sports betting site, a gambler runs a higher risk of facing gambling addiction. Around-the-clock availability and lack of outside control may result in bitter consequences. If any of your friends or relatives is constantly placing bets online, do not leave them alone with their addiction. Remember that detecting a developing gambling addiction by yourself is close to impossible.
Sometimes, a bookie may charge additional fees for certain financial transactions (such as making a deposit to your account, withdrawing your winnings, etc). Such conditions are set forth in User Terms, so make sure to read the terms before registering with a betting site. Your selected payment system may also charge a commission, especially if your card and your bookie account have different currencies.
Furthermore, there is always a risk that swindlers may get access to your sports betting site account. Protect your account by using complex passwords. Avoid betting on other people’s computers. Make the habit out of closing your mobile betting application on your smartphone.
Long withdrawal times are another con of the best betting sites. For safety purposes, withdrawals usually take 2-3 days. The good news is that a deposit is credited to your account almost immediately.
Write a comment
- Required fields are marked with *.
- Sports Betting. Juventus vs AC Milan [10.03.17] : the tradition to beat Rossoneri in Turin
- Betting. Lyon vs Roma [09.03.17] : a goal-rich game
- Sports Betting. Napoli vs Real Madrid [07.03.17] : Partenopei to win but Blancos to qualify
- Betting. Lazio vs Roma [01.03.17] : the fierce Derby della Capitale
- Sports Betting. Leicester City vs Liverpool [27.02.17] : Reds to slay half dead Foxes
- Betting. Roma vs Villarreal [23.02.17] : the sunken submarine
- Betting sites: to trust or not to trust?
- How to pick the best betting sites?
- Sports betting sites: pros and cons
- How to Pick Best Betting Sites
- The 50th Super Bowl made history as an immensely expensive show followed by social unrest
- Super Bowl bets 2018 - 2021
- Super Bowl bets 2017
- Super Bowl 2016. Leading contenders
- NFL Super Bowl 2016. Where and when will Super Bowl 2016 take place?
- Another amazing NBA betting strategy
- Basketball betting strategy based on lineup changes
- NBA betting: Betting on favorite winning a quarter
- Even-Odd live basketball betting strategy
- Basketball betting: Odd/even score
- NBA Betting. Oscar’s Grind strategy in basketball betting
- NBA betting. How to earn on NBA arbitrage betting
- NBA Betting. How and where to place profitable basketball bets
- NBA betting. What makes NBA betting different from other basketball bets
- NBA Betting Strategies
- Yellow card football betting
- Football Betting. Live corners betting
- Corners football betting. Strategy and useful tips
- Football betting. How to make money on soccer bet
- Tips To Win At Football Betting
- Sports gambling: psychological aspect
- Basic things all online sports gambling fans should know
- Things Sports Gambling Fans Should Know
- What sets golf betting apart from other betting types
- Golf Betting. Top popular tournaments for successful golf betting
- Guide to golf betting
- Types of Golf Betting
- Spread betting. Spread betting types in tennis
- Sports spread betting. Spread betting types in football
- Sports Spread Betting: FAQ
- Types of spread betting
- Common mistakes by live betting lovers
- What makes live betting different from other online sports betting types
- Live Betting. How to succeed in live betting and minimize your losses
- What makes live betting special
- Live betting 101: Introduction
- Zero handicap and negative handicap in tennis betting
- Tennis player’s physical shape as a tennis betting strategy
- Tennis betting: long-term and combination
- Tennis betting strategies: double betting and game betting
- Tennis Betting Strategy
- Martingale sports betting strategy: pitfalls
- Sports betting strategies that preserve your bankroll. Money management strategies
- Sports betting strategy. How to use Kelly Criterion as a sports betting strategy
- Sports betting strategy. Martingale and D’Alembert financial strategies
- Flat Sports Betting Strategy Is Not Rocket Science
- NHL betting. How to make accurate NHL betting predictions
- Types of hockey bet
- About NHL betting and NHL betting strategies
- How many bookmakers to pick to make money on sports betting?
- How to start winning at sports betting
- Sports Betting. Basic betting terms
- Successful Sports Betting: Practical Tips
- What do I do if my bookmaker refuses to pay out my winnings?
- Online Bookmakers. How a bookmaker works
- Where to place safe sports bets. How to pick a reliable bookmaker
- How Bookmaker Works
- NFL betting. Where and how to succeed in NFL sports betting
- Beginner’s guide to NFL betting
- NFL betting: predictions and bets
- What makes NFL betting different
- Top popular horse betting types
- Horse betting: rules and strategies
- Horse betting: types and specifics
- Horse Racing Betting Strategies
- Arbitrage betting: best sports betting strategy
- Arbitrage Betting Strategy - your bets will be successful