What do I do if my bookmaker refuses to pay out my winnings?[ 28.10.16 ]
It’s quite uncommon that a bookmaker cheats bettors or limits their possibilities in some dishonest or mean way. High-profile and reliable bookies try to build trust with their client base. The only thing that may trigger some drastic action is obvious financial manipulations.
Nonetheless, such nasty cases are an integral – although undesirable – part of sports betting online. This article educates bettors on what to do if your bookmaker is acting suspicious.
What do I do is my bookie turned out to be a rogue?
First and foremost, you need to figure out whether your bookmaker is a fly-by-night company. The best way to do this is to talk to sports betting community on specialized forums. If you find out that you are not the only who suffered from the bookie’s dishonest behavior (e.g., the bookie delays or fails payouts, changes winning amounts, cancels winning bets, etc.), then you must have come across a rogue.
Unfortunately, you can hardly do anything about the situation. Negotiations, demands, and threats are mostly useless. First, you need to tell other bettors about your situation to warn them. Second, you need to contact a hosting company which provides services to the dishonest bookmaker. If you manage to gather a large group of deceived players, you can make state authorities to block the bookie. Although your chances to get your winnings back are pretty slim, you may at least save trouble for other bettors.
Can I recover my winnings in a dispute with a reliable bookie?
Your chances to succeed are higher if you’re dealing with a trusted bookmaker with good reputation. It should be said that most clients prefer reliable companies with established names.
First, your problem may be a result of a technical bug. Don’t waste time and contact user support immediately. Try to be polite and reserved. Prepare to describe your problem to several different people. Think of what you’re going to say in advance. This will save you much time and effort.
If an operator failed to help you, ask them to contact you with the manager. In the best scenario, your problem will be solved. Or at least you will receive exhaustive explanation on why a bookmaker took certain actions towards you.
How to challenge the decision
It’s not uncommon that the decision fails to satisfy both parties. This is the right time to contract a lawyer, especially of you have evidence proving you’re right (email/chat screenshots, personal cabinet screenshots, copy of user agreement, etc). If this is not the question of life and death or you can’t hire a lawyer for some reason, you can still undermine the bookmaker’s reputation. To do this, you need to go beyond betting forums.
File a complaint with sportsbookreview.com. There is hardly a bookmaker that ignores this respectable online resource. Furthermore, contact the organization that issued the bookmaker’s license and provide it with a detailed account of what happened. If your bookmaker is a member of any international organizations (look for respective icons on the website), be sure to contact them as well.
If your problem has to do with missing payments, contact the payment system you used to make them.
If the bookmaker’s license was issued in your country of residence, file a complaint with the local regulatory body. This may be the most effective way to draw the bookmaker’s attention to the situation.
Contracting a seasoned lawyer with experience in handling similar cases is your best option. At the same time, a bettor can accomplish much even without a lawyer’s help, especially if their opinion is backed up by facts and hard evidence.
If you were cheated by a bookmaker that has its own sports betting network, the plan of actions stays the same. Furthermore, you can take pleasure in telling the bookmaker manager everything you think of them.
Write a comment
- Required fields are marked with *.
Reply #2 on : Mon February 27, 2017, 23:55:43
Reply #1 on : Sun February 19, 2017, 18:39:29
- Sports Betting. Juventus vs AC Milan [10.03.17] : the tradition to beat Rossoneri in Turin
- Betting. Lyon vs Roma [09.03.17] : a goal-rich game
- Sports Betting. Napoli vs Real Madrid [07.03.17] : Partenopei to win but Blancos to qualify
- Betting. Lazio vs Roma [01.03.17] : the fierce Derby della Capitale
- Sports Betting. Leicester City vs Liverpool [27.02.17] : Reds to slay half dead Foxes
- Betting. Roma vs Villarreal [23.02.17] : the sunken submarine
- Betting sites: to trust or not to trust?
- How to pick the best betting sites?
- Sports betting sites: pros and cons
- How to Pick Best Betting Sites
- The 50th Super Bowl made history as an immensely expensive show followed by social unrest
- Super Bowl bets 2018 - 2021
- Super Bowl bets 2017
- Super Bowl 2016. Leading contenders
- NFL Super Bowl 2016. Where and when will Super Bowl 2016 take place?
- Another amazing NBA betting strategy
- Basketball betting strategy based on lineup changes
- NBA betting: Betting on favorite winning a quarter
- Even-Odd live basketball betting strategy
- Basketball betting: Odd/even score
- NBA Betting. Oscar’s Grind strategy in basketball betting
- NBA betting. How to earn on NBA arbitrage betting
- NBA Betting. How and where to place profitable basketball bets
- NBA betting. What makes NBA betting different from other basketball bets
- NBA Betting Strategies
- Yellow card football betting
- Football Betting. Live corners betting
- Corners football betting. Strategy and useful tips
- Football betting. How to make money on soccer bet
- Tips To Win At Football Betting
- Sports gambling: psychological aspect
- Basic things all online sports gambling fans should know
- Things Sports Gambling Fans Should Know
- What sets golf betting apart from other betting types
- Golf Betting. Top popular tournaments for successful golf betting
- Guide to golf betting
- Types of Golf Betting
- Spread betting. Spread betting types in tennis
- Sports spread betting. Spread betting types in football
- Sports Spread Betting: FAQ
- Types of spread betting
- Common mistakes by live betting lovers
- What makes live betting different from other online sports betting types
- Live Betting. How to succeed in live betting and minimize your losses
- What makes live betting special
- Live betting 101: Introduction
- Zero handicap and negative handicap in tennis betting
- Tennis player’s physical shape as a tennis betting strategy
- Tennis betting: long-term and combination
- Tennis betting strategies: double betting and game betting
- Tennis Betting Strategy
- Martingale sports betting strategy: pitfalls
- Sports betting strategies that preserve your bankroll. Money management strategies
- Sports betting strategy. How to use Kelly Criterion as a sports betting strategy
- Sports betting strategy. Martingale and D’Alembert financial strategies
- Flat Sports Betting Strategy Is Not Rocket Science
- NHL betting. How to make accurate NHL betting predictions
- Types of hockey bet
- About NHL betting and NHL betting strategies
- How many bookmakers to pick to make money on sports betting?
- How to start winning at sports betting
- Sports Betting. Basic betting terms
- Successful Sports Betting: Practical Tips
- What do I do if my bookmaker refuses to pay out my winnings?
- Online Bookmakers. How a bookmaker works
- Where to place safe sports bets. How to pick a reliable bookmaker
- How Bookmaker Works
- NFL betting. Where and how to succeed in NFL sports betting
- Beginner’s guide to NFL betting
- NFL betting: predictions and bets
- What makes NFL betting different
- Top popular horse betting types
- Horse betting: rules and strategies
- Horse betting: types and specifics
- Horse Racing Betting Strategies
- Arbitrage betting: best sports betting strategy
- Arbitrage Betting Strategy - your bets will be successful