Guide to golf betting[ 29.09.16 ]
Nowadays all major bookmakers offer diverse golf betting lines, including live golf betting opportunities. Still, to plenty of bettors, golf betting seems just as unusual and complicated as cricket betting or any other “exotic” sport. Nonetheless, golf is a very exciting game which is considered a sport for affluent and powerful people. This article explores basic golf betting rules and guidelines.
The game of golf has transparent and easy-to-understand rules. Some of its drawbacks include lack of national championships and infrequent game schedule. High-profile international golf tournaments are quite rare. This is why golf betting is viewed by many as an addition rather than a major sports betting choice.
Golf betting: where to start?
Before getting down to golf betting, make sure to learn all basic terms and read helpful guidelines. Feel free to use Wikipedia for clear and well-structured information. First, focus on golf rules. Second, pay attention to individual play style of the world’s leading golfers. Like tennis, golf is an individual game. Here you need to analyze not the entire team, but just one person that solely determines the outcome of a golf match. But unlike tennis, golf does not require as much stamina. To succeed as a golfer, you need logic, agility, and luck. This is why a golfer may still deliver a good performance even if they are having a headache or leg injury. In this case, a tennis player would have to pull out of competition or suffer a devastating defeat.
Golf is a male sport originally. Of course, there are female matches as well, but they – just like female hockey – lack the “right” atmosphere. Golf is especially popular among the Americans, which means that every golf match has something of an unpredictable and spectacular show.
A major mistake made by beginners in golf betting
Now let’s talk about a most common pitfall for novice bettors. Beginning gamblers believe that you need to pick major golf tournaments and bet on the favorite. An approach like this won’t take you very far, though. In golf betting, the odds on the strongest and third-strongest golfers may vary greatly. The chances of the underdog beating the favorite are very high – even higher than in tennis. Suppose, the odds on the favorite are 1.50, while a third-strongest contender may have the odds of 6.00.
Write a comment
- Required fields are marked with *.
Reply #2 on : Thu February 23, 2017, 22:52:33
Reply #1 on : Wed February 15, 2017, 22:31:37
- Sports Betting. Juventus vs AC Milan [10.03.17] : the tradition to beat Rossoneri in Turin
- Betting. Lyon vs Roma [09.03.17] : a goal-rich game
- Sports Betting. Napoli vs Real Madrid [07.03.17] : Partenopei to win but Blancos to qualify
- Betting. Lazio vs Roma [01.03.17] : the fierce Derby della Capitale
- Sports Betting. Leicester City vs Liverpool [27.02.17] : Reds to slay half dead Foxes
- Betting. Roma vs Villarreal [23.02.17] : the sunken submarine
- Betting sites: to trust or not to trust?
- How to pick the best betting sites?
- Sports betting sites: pros and cons
- How to Pick Best Betting Sites
- The 50th Super Bowl made history as an immensely expensive show followed by social unrest
- Super Bowl bets 2018 - 2021
- Super Bowl bets 2017
- Super Bowl 2016. Leading contenders
- NFL Super Bowl 2016. Where and when will Super Bowl 2016 take place?
- Another amazing NBA betting strategy
- Basketball betting strategy based on lineup changes
- NBA betting: Betting on favorite winning a quarter
- Even-Odd live basketball betting strategy
- Basketball betting: Odd/even score
- NBA Betting. Oscar’s Grind strategy in basketball betting
- NBA betting. How to earn on NBA arbitrage betting
- NBA Betting. How and where to place profitable basketball bets
- NBA betting. What makes NBA betting different from other basketball bets
- NBA Betting Strategies
- Yellow card football betting
- Football Betting. Live corners betting
- Corners football betting. Strategy and useful tips
- Football betting. How to make money on soccer bet
- Tips To Win At Football Betting
- Sports gambling: psychological aspect
- Basic things all online sports gambling fans should know
- Things Sports Gambling Fans Should Know
- What sets golf betting apart from other betting types
- Golf Betting. Top popular tournaments for successful golf betting
- Guide to golf betting
- Types of Golf Betting
- Spread betting. Spread betting types in tennis
- Sports spread betting. Spread betting types in football
- Sports Spread Betting: FAQ
- Types of spread betting
- Common mistakes by live betting lovers
- What makes live betting different from other online sports betting types
- Live Betting. How to succeed in live betting and minimize your losses
- What makes live betting special
- Live betting 101: Introduction
- Zero handicap and negative handicap in tennis betting
- Tennis player’s physical shape as a tennis betting strategy
- Tennis betting: long-term and combination
- Tennis betting strategies: double betting and game betting
- Tennis Betting Strategy
- Martingale sports betting strategy: pitfalls
- Sports betting strategies that preserve your bankroll. Money management strategies
- Sports betting strategy. How to use Kelly Criterion as a sports betting strategy
- Sports betting strategy. Martingale and D’Alembert financial strategies
- Flat Sports Betting Strategy Is Not Rocket Science
- NHL betting. How to make accurate NHL betting predictions
- Types of hockey bet
- About NHL betting and NHL betting strategies
- How many bookmakers to pick to make money on sports betting?
- How to start winning at sports betting
- Sports Betting. Basic betting terms
- Successful Sports Betting: Practical Tips
- What do I do if my bookmaker refuses to pay out my winnings?
- Online Bookmakers. How a bookmaker works
- Where to place safe sports bets. How to pick a reliable bookmaker
- How Bookmaker Works
- NFL betting. Where and how to succeed in NFL sports betting
- Beginner’s guide to NFL betting
- NFL betting: predictions and bets
- What makes NFL betting different
- Top popular horse betting types
- Horse betting: rules and strategies
- Horse betting: types and specifics
- Horse Racing Betting Strategies
- Arbitrage betting: best sports betting strategy
- Arbitrage Betting Strategy - your bets will be successful