Horse Racing Betting Strategies[ 02.08.16 ]
Contrary to common opinion, horse betting is not rocket science. The reason why many bettors avoid horse racing betting is that they are afraid to lose. But with a couple of simple strategies, you can significantly increase your winning chances. The good news is that you don’t even need to be a horse expert.
Strategy by Al Capone’s accountant
This betting strategy known as ‘dutching’ was developed by Dutch Schulz, one of Al Capone’s accountants. It can be successfully used by both beginning and seasoned bettors.
Here we’re talking about horse races with no obvious favorite. Looking at the odds, you can see right away whether the race lacks the strongest contender. For example, the lowest odds are 4.00. That means that although the horse is viewed as the leading contender, its winning chances are pretty slim.
If at least one horse in the race has 2.00 odds or less, dutching strategy should be avoided.
Dutching strategy is not complicated at all. You need to pick two horses (which you think are the strongest contenders) and place two standard bets.
For example, one horse has 4.00 odds, while the other has 5.00 odds. If you bet $10 on each horse, then in case of success you can win $40-50. Bet profitability will vary from $20 to $30, depending on which horse comes in first.
Feel free to apply this strategy to three or more sports bets. Remember to analyze the odds. A win by any horse must cover the total amount spent on bets.
Follow-the-money is a pretty successful strategy for horse racing betting.
Unlike dutching, here the bettor needs to identify obvious outsiders. Then you need to analyze the odds. If the odds for the outsider are decreasing (e.g. from 69 to 44, then to 23), this horse is just what you need. What’s important is that the odds for the favorite do not change. This means that this horse is not popular among bettors.
If the above conditions are met, you can place an each-way bet on the outsider. Most of such bets will certainly lose, but the winning ones will cover your losses and bring your profit.
Bear in mind that to use this profitable horse betting strategy, you need to have some skills and experience in horse betting.
Write a comment
- Required fields are marked with *.
Reply #1 on : Thu February 23, 2017, 22:45:05
- Sports Betting. Juventus vs AC Milan [10.03.17] : the tradition to beat Rossoneri in Turin
- Betting. Lyon vs Roma [09.03.17] : a goal-rich game
- Sports Betting. Napoli vs Real Madrid [07.03.17] : Partenopei to win but Blancos to qualify
- Betting. Lazio vs Roma [01.03.17] : the fierce Derby della Capitale
- Sports Betting. Leicester City vs Liverpool [27.02.17] : Reds to slay half dead Foxes
- Betting. Roma vs Villarreal [23.02.17] : the sunken submarine
- Betting sites: to trust or not to trust?
- How to pick the best betting sites?
- Sports betting sites: pros and cons
- How to Pick Best Betting Sites
- The 50th Super Bowl made history as an immensely expensive show followed by social unrest
- Super Bowl bets 2018 - 2021
- Super Bowl bets 2017
- Super Bowl 2016. Leading contenders
- NFL Super Bowl 2016. Where and when will Super Bowl 2016 take place?
- Another amazing NBA betting strategy
- Basketball betting strategy based on lineup changes
- NBA betting: Betting on favorite winning a quarter
- Even-Odd live basketball betting strategy
- Basketball betting: Odd/even score
- NBA Betting. Oscar’s Grind strategy in basketball betting
- NBA betting. How to earn on NBA arbitrage betting
- NBA Betting. How and where to place profitable basketball bets
- NBA betting. What makes NBA betting different from other basketball bets
- NBA Betting Strategies
- Yellow card football betting
- Football Betting. Live corners betting
- Corners football betting. Strategy and useful tips
- Football betting. How to make money on soccer bet
- Tips To Win At Football Betting
- Sports gambling: psychological aspect
- Basic things all online sports gambling fans should know
- Things Sports Gambling Fans Should Know
- What sets golf betting apart from other betting types
- Golf Betting. Top popular tournaments for successful golf betting
- Guide to golf betting
- Types of Golf Betting
- Spread betting. Spread betting types in tennis
- Sports spread betting. Spread betting types in football
- Sports Spread Betting: FAQ
- Types of spread betting
- Common mistakes by live betting lovers
- What makes live betting different from other online sports betting types
- Live Betting. How to succeed in live betting and minimize your losses
- What makes live betting special
- Live betting 101: Introduction
- Zero handicap and negative handicap in tennis betting
- Tennis player’s physical shape as a tennis betting strategy
- Tennis betting: long-term and combination
- Tennis betting strategies: double betting and game betting
- Tennis Betting Strategy
- Comparing the Strategies of Poker and Sports Betting
- Martingale sports betting strategy: pitfalls
- Sports betting strategies that preserve your bankroll. Money management strategies
- Sports betting strategy. How to use Kelly Criterion as a sports betting strategy
- Sports betting strategy. Martingale and D’Alembert financial strategies
- Flat Sports Betting Strategy Is Not Rocket Science
- NHL betting. How to make accurate NHL betting predictions
- Types of hockey bet
- About NHL betting and NHL betting strategies
- How many bookmakers to pick to make money on sports betting?
- How to start winning at sports betting
- Sports Betting. Basic betting terms
- Successful Sports Betting: Practical Tips
- What do I do if my bookmaker refuses to pay out my winnings?
- Online Bookmakers. How a bookmaker works
- Where to place safe sports bets. How to pick a reliable bookmaker
- How Bookmaker Works
- NFL betting. Where and how to succeed in NFL sports betting
- Beginner’s guide to NFL betting
- NFL betting: predictions and bets
- What makes NFL betting different
- Top popular horse betting types
- Horse betting: rules and strategies
- Horse betting: types and specifics
- Horse Racing Betting Strategies
- Arbitrage betting: best sports betting strategy
- Arbitrage Betting Strategy - your bets will be successful