Horse betting: types and specifics[ ]
It is considered that horse racing betting was the first sport that gave rise to bookmakers. Horse racing originated from England which makes us believe that the first bookmakers appeared there as well. Nowadays, horse racing is still very popular in the aristocratic England, with the British spending billions of dollars in horse racing bets.
Horse racing betting is enjoyed by millions of gambling fans all over the globe. The reason for such popularity is unpredictability that makes it very hard to guess the actual outcome.
Horse racing is a very fast-paced sport. Each race lasts 2 minutes tops. The distance depends on the race type but does not exceed 4 kilometers. A bettor can see the outcome just minutes after placing a bet with a bookmaker. It’s the fast pace of this sport that attracts multiple gambling fans. Another special characteristic is that you can enjoy horse racing betting almost all year round.
Horse racing betting is based on the parimutuel system (totalizer) that remained unchanged over the centuries. This is how a totalizer works: all bets placed are put into a prize pool to be divided among lucky winners. If there is just one winner, they get all the money. If there is no winner, all bets proceed to a jackpot pool. It will keep growing with each race until one lucky bettor wins the entire jackpot.
Horse betting types
Horse betting types are different from betting types used in hockey, football, and volleyball. Below we have listed some basic horse racing betting types.
It’s a most common horse racing bet when you need to select a horse that will come in first. Moreover, you can bet on certain horse NOT to win the race. If your selected horse fails to finish first, your bet wins.
You need to select a horse to finish 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th in a race. The number of medal places may vary across races. An 8-horse race has two medal places. If a race features 8 to 14 participants, there are three medal places. If the race is run by more than 14 horses, there are four medal places.
You need to predict a horse to come in 1st, 2nd or 3rd in a race.
You need to pick the winners of two consecutive races.
Accumulator is a multiple bet. A bettor selects a horse in the first race. If the horse finishes the 1st, your bet wins and your winnings add up to your bet in the next race, and so on. While a Parlay bet may bring you larger payouts, it is way riskier than ordinary bets.
It’s hardly possible to recreate a special atmosphere at the racetrack. But today, with the high-paced development of Internet technologies and innovations, an increasing number of players prefers online horse betting. As more and more gamblers are betting without leaving their homes, this means huge losses and deep discontent for racetrack owners.
- Sports Betting. Juventus vs AC Milan [10.03.17] : the tradition to beat Rossoneri in Turin
- Betting. Lyon vs Roma [09.03.17] : a goal-rich game
- Sports Betting. Napoli vs Real Madrid [07.03.17] : Partenopei to win but Blancos to qualify
- Betting. Lazio vs Roma [01.03.17] : the fierce Derby della Capitale
- Sports Betting. Leicester City vs Liverpool [27.02.17] : Reds to slay half dead Foxes
- Betting. Roma vs Villarreal [23.02.17] : the sunken submarine
- Betting sites: to trust or not to trust?
- How to pick the best betting sites?
- Sports betting sites: pros and cons
- How to Pick Best Betting Sites
- The 50th Super Bowl made history as an immensely expensive show followed by social unrest
- Super Bowl bets 2018 - 2021
- Super Bowl bets 2017
- Super Bowl 2016. Leading contenders
- NFL Super Bowl 2016. Where and when will Super Bowl 2016 take place?
- Another amazing NBA betting strategy
- Basketball betting strategy based on lineup changes
- NBA betting: Betting on favorite winning a quarter
- Even-Odd live basketball betting strategy
- Basketball betting: Odd/even score
- NBA Betting. Oscar’s Grind strategy in basketball betting
- NBA betting. How to earn on NBA arbitrage betting
- NBA Betting. How and where to place profitable basketball bets
- NBA betting. What makes NBA betting different from other basketball bets
- NBA Betting Strategies
- Yellow card football betting
- Football Betting. Live corners betting
- Corners football betting. Strategy and useful tips
- Football betting. How to make money on soccer bet
- Tips To Win At Football Betting
- Things to Bear In Mind When Sports Betting
- Sports gambling: psychological aspect
- Basic things all online sports gambling fans should know
- Things Sports Gambling Fans Should Know
- What sets golf betting apart from other betting types
- Golf Betting. Top popular tournaments for successful golf betting
- Guide to golf betting
- Types of Golf Betting
- Spread betting. Spread betting types in tennis
- Sports spread betting. Spread betting types in football
- Sports Spread Betting: FAQ
- Types of spread betting
- Common mistakes by live betting lovers
- What makes live betting different from other online sports betting types
- Live Betting. How to succeed in live betting and minimize your losses
- What makes live betting special
- Live betting 101: Introduction
- Zero handicap and negative handicap in tennis betting
- Tennis player’s physical shape as a tennis betting strategy
- Tennis betting: long-term and combination
- Tennis betting strategies: double betting and game betting
- Tennis Betting Strategy
- Comparing the Strategies of Poker and Sports Betting
- Martingale sports betting strategy: pitfalls
- Sports betting strategies that preserve your bankroll. Money management strategies
- Sports betting strategy. How to use Kelly Criterion as a sports betting strategy
- Sports betting strategy. Martingale and D’Alembert financial strategies
- Flat Sports Betting Strategy Is Not Rocket Science
- NHL betting. How to make accurate NHL betting predictions
- Types of hockey bet
- About NHL betting and NHL betting strategies
- Gambling for real money
- How does the betting insurance work?
- How many bookmakers to pick to make money on sports betting?
- How to start winning at sports betting
- Sports Betting. Basic betting terms
- Successful Sports Betting: Practical Tips
- What do I do if my bookmaker refuses to pay out my winnings?
- Online Bookmakers. How a bookmaker works
- Where to place safe sports bets. How to pick a reliable bookmaker
- How Bookmaker Works
- NFL betting. Where and how to succeed in NFL sports betting
- Beginner’s guide to NFL betting
- NFL betting: predictions and bets
- What makes NFL betting different
- Top popular horse betting types
- Horse betting: rules and strategies
- Horse betting: types and specifics
- Horse Racing Betting Strategies
- Arbitrage betting: best sports betting strategy
- Arbitrage Betting Strategy - your bets will be successful