NBA betting. What makes NBA betting different from other basketball bets[ 26.09.16 ]
Let us make it clear at the start: NBA betting is very different from all other basketball leagues. The first thing that sets NBA betting apart is its game-packed schedule. NBA games are played every day or every other day.
Frequent games are a big advantage for NBA betting fans: more game outcomes provide more statistical information on basketball teams. If you are a successful bettor and place 55-57% of successful bets, you will double your bankroll much faster than in football betting with its two-games-a-week schedule. For any bettor, the thing that really matters is the amount of winnings and not a per cent of successful bets.
There is one drawback, though. As NBA betting attracts plenty of bettors, bookmakers are particularly scrutinous about calculating odds. Bookmakers realize that any mistake may cost them a fortune. This is why you won’t find value events in NBA betting lines published on betting sites.
Make sure that your basketball bets do not exceed 2-3% of your bankroll. You must have noticed that winning streaks alternates with losing ones, when even most sure bets result in bitter disappointment. With game-packed schedule and frivolous money management, you risk playing away your entire bankroll in a nick of time.
Below we have listed some helpful patterns for successful NBA betting.
In the first games of the season, teams tend to earn less points than the public expects them to. This happens due to a preceding break from competition during the off-season. Like in any other sport, basketball teams need some time to get back in shape.
You should not expect much from teams who made significant changes in their lineup during the off-season. The game of basketball requires balanced team work that comes with time.
In NBA playoff games, basketball teams demonstrate poorer performance than earlier in the season. Realizing the importance of a playoff, competing teams focus on defense and act more carefully.
You need to take into account a number of other factors, such as physical shape of your selected team, its performance in home and away games, injuries, motivation at the end of the game (important for handicap and total NBA betting), and many more.
According to many seasoned players, basketball is easier to analyze than other sports. With savvy money management, thorough statistics analysis, and some luck, you have pretty good chances to multiply your bankroll.
- Sports Betting. Juventus vs AC Milan [10.03.17] : the tradition to beat Rossoneri in Turin
- Betting. Lyon vs Roma [09.03.17] : a goal-rich game
- Sports Betting. Napoli vs Real Madrid [07.03.17] : Partenopei to win but Blancos to qualify
- Betting. Lazio vs Roma [01.03.17] : the fierce Derby della Capitale
- Sports Betting. Leicester City vs Liverpool [27.02.17] : Reds to slay half dead Foxes
- Betting. Roma vs Villarreal [23.02.17] : the sunken submarine
- Betting sites: to trust or not to trust?
- How to pick the best betting sites?
- Sports betting sites: pros and cons
- How to Pick Best Betting Sites
- The 50th Super Bowl made history as an immensely expensive show followed by social unrest
- Super Bowl bets 2018 - 2021
- Super Bowl bets 2017
- Super Bowl 2016. Leading contenders
- NFL Super Bowl 2016. Where and when will Super Bowl 2016 take place?
- Another amazing NBA betting strategy
- Basketball betting strategy based on lineup changes
- NBA betting: Betting on favorite winning a quarter
- Even-Odd live basketball betting strategy
- Basketball betting: Odd/even score
- NBA Betting. Oscar’s Grind strategy in basketball betting
- NBA betting. How to earn on NBA arbitrage betting
- NBA Betting. How and where to place profitable basketball bets
- NBA betting. What makes NBA betting different from other basketball bets
- NBA Betting Strategies
- Yellow card football betting
- Football Betting. Live corners betting
- Corners football betting. Strategy and useful tips
- Football betting. How to make money on soccer bet
- Tips To Win At Football Betting
- Sports gambling: psychological aspect
- Basic things all online sports gambling fans should know
- Things Sports Gambling Fans Should Know
- What sets golf betting apart from other betting types
- Golf Betting. Top popular tournaments for successful golf betting
- Guide to golf betting
- Types of Golf Betting
- Spread betting. Spread betting types in tennis
- Sports spread betting. Spread betting types in football
- Sports Spread Betting: FAQ
- Types of spread betting
- Common mistakes by live betting lovers
- What makes live betting different from other online sports betting types
- Live Betting. How to succeed in live betting and minimize your losses
- What makes live betting special
- Live betting 101: Introduction
- Zero handicap and negative handicap in tennis betting
- Tennis player’s physical shape as a tennis betting strategy
- Tennis betting: long-term and combination
- Tennis betting strategies: double betting and game betting
- Tennis Betting Strategy
- Comparing the Strategies of Poker and Sports Betting
- Martingale sports betting strategy: pitfalls
- Sports betting strategies that preserve your bankroll. Money management strategies
- Sports betting strategy. How to use Kelly Criterion as a sports betting strategy
- Sports betting strategy. Martingale and D’Alembert financial strategies
- Flat Sports Betting Strategy Is Not Rocket Science
- NHL betting. How to make accurate NHL betting predictions
- Types of hockey bet
- About NHL betting and NHL betting strategies
- How does the betting insurance work?
- How many bookmakers to pick to make money on sports betting?
- How to start winning at sports betting
- Sports Betting. Basic betting terms
- Successful Sports Betting: Practical Tips
- What do I do if my bookmaker refuses to pay out my winnings?
- Online Bookmakers. How a bookmaker works
- Where to place safe sports bets. How to pick a reliable bookmaker
- How Bookmaker Works
- NFL betting. Where and how to succeed in NFL sports betting
- Beginner’s guide to NFL betting
- NFL betting: predictions and bets
- What makes NFL betting different
- Top popular horse betting types
- Horse betting: rules and strategies
- Horse betting: types and specifics
- Horse Racing Betting Strategies
- Arbitrage betting: best sports betting strategy
- Arbitrage Betting Strategy - your bets will be successful