NBA Betting. How and where to place profitable basketball bets[ 27.09.16 ]
Basketball bets are popular among fans of spectacular and action-packed sports competitions. Betting sites offer a wide selection of betting options, including outcome betting, total betting, handicap betting, and many more.
Basketball bets specifics
- In basketball, the point total is usually big and varies between 150 and 230 points. This means that random scored baskets impact bettor’s basketball bets to a lesser extent than in hockey and football matches. Furthermore, if you have accounts with a bunch of bookmakers, you should compare betting lines across different bookies. If their totals differ by more than three points, you should consider using a total range strategy.
- You can select a higher handicap or total without a significant drop in odds, while in football increasing your handicap by just 1 point results in much lower potential winnings.
- Depending on a bookmaker, outcome bets may or may not include overtime. A major basketball advantage is that a game ending in a draw is highly unlikely. But to fully insure yourself against a draw situation, you can buy a -0.5 handicap for one of the teams, with the odds reducing just slightly.
How to pick the right bookmaker to place basketball bets
After choosing basketball betting as your preferred betting type, you need to start at the beginning and pick the bookmaker that would meet all necessary requirements. We recommend you to pay attention to the following things.
Bookmaker’s profit margin, or how much the odds on equally possible outcomes (e.g., Over/Under betting) differ from 2.0 odds. If the odds are lower than 1.90, you should look for another bookie.
Betting line, or betting options selection. While outcome and basic handicap basketball betting can be found by almost any bookmaker, the opportunities to pick different handicaps are scarce across bookies.
Live betting opportunities. Nowadays, live basketball betting is provided by almost any bookmaker. At the same time, some bookies take live basketball bets during the break only. This is a very important point: suppose, the leading player got injured during the game and the coach decided to pick a reserve player. Here you need to make fast decisions based on the current situation.
Sportingbet bookmaker meets most of the above requirements. This high-profile bookie features a good selection of sports events, multiple basketball betting options, and high odds.
Write a comment
- Required fields are marked with *.
- Sports Betting. Juventus vs AC Milan [10.03.17] : the tradition to beat Rossoneri in Turin
- Betting. Lyon vs Roma [09.03.17] : a goal-rich game
- Sports Betting. Napoli vs Real Madrid [07.03.17] : Partenopei to win but Blancos to qualify
- Betting. Lazio vs Roma [01.03.17] : the fierce Derby della Capitale
- Sports Betting. Leicester City vs Liverpool [27.02.17] : Reds to slay half dead Foxes
- Betting. Roma vs Villarreal [23.02.17] : the sunken submarine
- Betting sites: to trust or not to trust?
- How to pick the best betting sites?
- Sports betting sites: pros and cons
- How to Pick Best Betting Sites
- The 50th Super Bowl made history as an immensely expensive show followed by social unrest
- Super Bowl bets 2018 - 2021
- Super Bowl bets 2017
- Super Bowl 2016. Leading contenders
- NFL Super Bowl 2016. Where and when will Super Bowl 2016 take place?
- Another amazing NBA betting strategy
- Basketball betting strategy based on lineup changes
- NBA betting: Betting on favorite winning a quarter
- Even-Odd live basketball betting strategy
- Basketball betting: Odd/even score
- NBA Betting. Oscar’s Grind strategy in basketball betting
- NBA betting. How to earn on NBA arbitrage betting
- NBA Betting. How and where to place profitable basketball bets
- NBA betting. What makes NBA betting different from other basketball bets
- NBA Betting Strategies
- Yellow card football betting
- Football Betting. Live corners betting
- Corners football betting. Strategy and useful tips
- Football betting. How to make money on soccer bet
- Tips To Win At Football Betting
- Sports gambling: psychological aspect
- Basic things all online sports gambling fans should know
- Things Sports Gambling Fans Should Know
- What sets golf betting apart from other betting types
- Golf Betting. Top popular tournaments for successful golf betting
- Guide to golf betting
- Types of Golf Betting
- Spread betting. Spread betting types in tennis
- Sports spread betting. Spread betting types in football
- Sports Spread Betting: FAQ
- Types of spread betting
- Common mistakes by live betting lovers
- What makes live betting different from other online sports betting types
- Live Betting. How to succeed in live betting and minimize your losses
- What makes live betting special
- Live betting 101: Introduction
- Zero handicap and negative handicap in tennis betting
- Tennis player’s physical shape as a tennis betting strategy
- Tennis betting: long-term and combination
- Tennis betting strategies: double betting and game betting
- Tennis Betting Strategy
- Martingale sports betting strategy: pitfalls
- Sports betting strategies that preserve your bankroll. Money management strategies
- Sports betting strategy. How to use Kelly Criterion as a sports betting strategy
- Sports betting strategy. Martingale and D’Alembert financial strategies
- Flat Sports Betting Strategy Is Not Rocket Science
- NHL betting. How to make accurate NHL betting predictions
- Types of hockey bet
- About NHL betting and NHL betting strategies
- How many bookmakers to pick to make money on sports betting?
- How to start winning at sports betting
- Sports Betting. Basic betting terms
- Successful Sports Betting: Practical Tips
- What do I do if my bookmaker refuses to pay out my winnings?
- Online Bookmakers. How a bookmaker works
- Where to place safe sports bets. How to pick a reliable bookmaker
- How Bookmaker Works
- NFL betting. Where and how to succeed in NFL sports betting
- Beginner’s guide to NFL betting
- NFL betting: predictions and bets
- What makes NFL betting different
- Top popular horse betting types
- Horse betting: rules and strategies
- Horse betting: types and specifics
- Horse Racing Betting Strategies
- Arbitrage betting: best sports betting strategy
- Arbitrage Betting Strategy - your bets will be successful