Betting. Monaco vs Tottenham [22.11.16] : the knockout stage is drifting away from the Spurs[ 20.11.16 ]
Bet: Total Goals by Home Team over 1
After 2 months period Monaco and Tottenham will lock horns once more. This time the Spurs have no choice but to win. However, the Red and Whites will fight fiercely to get points and to secure the top-two position.
Courtesy of an away victory over FC Lorient (3:0) this Saturday Monaco managed to get to the Ligue 1 leading position with 29 points. The Red and Whites may still be leapfrogged by Nice that haven’t played yet, but the very fact that they offer resistance to the top teams, including PSG, deserves respect. To be honest, the sports betting experts didn’t expect Jardim’s side to make such a good start. Apart from the national championship, Monaco also made it through the Champions League qualification. And they keep on pushing it hard. The Monegasque team sit atop the group E with 8 points, although they weren’t considered to be a massive favorite by betting companies.
Read also: Best Online Bookmakers in Canada
Read also: Best Online Bookmakers in Canada
It is quite weird that Tottenham, who still remain unbeaten, sit only on the 5th position of the Premier League standings. But along with 6 victories Pochettino’s side made 6 draws that doesn’t allow them to catch up with the leaders. This weekend the Spurs were on the brink of losing to West Ham. The sports betting markets considered the Spurs to be an overdog of this fixture, but in reality they were minutes away from their first defeat. Luckily, Harry Kane saved the day with 2 late goals. As for the Champions League performance, despite sports betting conjectures, Tottenham have some troubles with getting to the knockout stage as they sit now on the third place – 4 points behind the leader.
While choosing a bet, it wouldn’t be amiss to remind that the first match of these clubs, played in September, ended with an unexpected away team 2:1 win. This time Tottenham have no room for error. The defeat in France together with the Bayer’s win in Moscow will mean that Pochettino’s side is out of the contest for the Champions League knockout stage. The Spurs desperately need to get 3 points and Kane’s return to the full fitness comes in the very nick of time. However, Jardim’s side is extremely dangerous at home. Besides, they haven’t secured top-two position, so they need to get at least one point to feel secure. According to the betting experts, Alderweireld, Lamela and Davis will miss out for Tottenham and Moutinho – for Monaco.
The bookmakers don’t name a clear favorite of this clash, giving a small advantage to the host: Monaco – 2,55, Draw – 3,35, Tottenham – 2,85. The Spurs’ defense is not as infallible as at the start of the season. So preventing Monaco’s attacking players from scoring is easier said than done. The Monegasque team have scored at least one goal in all home matches of this season (in all competitions). So it is recommended to bet on “Total Goals by Home Team over 1” (1,62). In addition, since it is a must-win for the Spurs, they also have to score, that’s why the bet “Both Teams to Score” (1,85) is also worth your attention. However, the Red and Whites have better chances for to win here. They got 8 wins and 2 draws at home this season. The option “Monaco, Draw no Bet” (1,82) can also make it through.
Write a comment
- Required fields are marked with *.
- Sports Betting. Juventus vs AC Milan [10.03.17] : the tradition to beat Rossoneri in Turin
- Betting. Lyon vs Roma [09.03.17] : a goal-rich game
- Sports Betting. Napoli vs Real Madrid [07.03.17] : Partenopei to win but Blancos to qualify
- Betting. Lazio vs Roma [01.03.17] : the fierce Derby della Capitale
- Sports Betting. Leicester City vs Liverpool [27.02.17] : Reds to slay half dead Foxes
- Betting. Roma vs Villarreal [23.02.17] : the sunken submarine
- Betting sites: to trust or not to trust?
- How to pick the best betting sites?
- Sports betting sites: pros and cons
- How to Pick Best Betting Sites
- The 50th Super Bowl made history as an immensely expensive show followed by social unrest
- Super Bowl bets 2018 - 2021
- Super Bowl bets 2017
- Super Bowl 2016. Leading contenders
- NFL Super Bowl 2016. Where and when will Super Bowl 2016 take place?
- Another amazing NBA betting strategy
- Basketball betting strategy based on lineup changes
- NBA betting: Betting on favorite winning a quarter
- Even-Odd live basketball betting strategy
- Basketball betting: Odd/even score
- NBA Betting. Oscar’s Grind strategy in basketball betting
- NBA betting. How to earn on NBA arbitrage betting
- NBA Betting. How and where to place profitable basketball bets
- NBA betting. What makes NBA betting different from other basketball bets
- NBA Betting Strategies
- Yellow card football betting
- Football Betting. Live corners betting
- Corners football betting. Strategy and useful tips
- Football betting. How to make money on soccer bet
- Tips To Win At Football Betting
- Sports gambling: psychological aspect
- Basic things all online sports gambling fans should know
- Things Sports Gambling Fans Should Know
- What sets golf betting apart from other betting types
- Golf Betting. Top popular tournaments for successful golf betting
- Guide to golf betting
- Types of Golf Betting
- Spread betting. Spread betting types in tennis
- Sports spread betting. Spread betting types in football
- Sports Spread Betting: FAQ
- Types of spread betting
- Common mistakes by live betting lovers
- What makes live betting different from other online sports betting types
- Live Betting. How to succeed in live betting and minimize your losses
- What makes live betting special
- Live betting 101: Introduction
- Zero handicap and negative handicap in tennis betting
- Tennis player’s physical shape as a tennis betting strategy
- Tennis betting: long-term and combination
- Tennis betting strategies: double betting and game betting
- Tennis Betting Strategy
- Comparing the Strategies of Poker and Sports Betting
- Martingale sports betting strategy: pitfalls
- Sports betting strategies that preserve your bankroll. Money management strategies
- Sports betting strategy. How to use Kelly Criterion as a sports betting strategy
- Sports betting strategy. Martingale and D’Alembert financial strategies
- Flat Sports Betting Strategy Is Not Rocket Science
- NHL betting. How to make accurate NHL betting predictions
- Types of hockey bet
- About NHL betting and NHL betting strategies
- How many bookmakers to pick to make money on sports betting?
- How to start winning at sports betting
- Sports Betting. Basic betting terms
- Successful Sports Betting: Practical Tips
- What do I do if my bookmaker refuses to pay out my winnings?
- Online Bookmakers. How a bookmaker works
- Where to place safe sports bets. How to pick a reliable bookmaker
- How Bookmaker Works
- NFL betting. Where and how to succeed in NFL sports betting
- Beginner’s guide to NFL betting
- NFL betting: predictions and bets
- What makes NFL betting different
- Top popular horse betting types
- Horse betting: rules and strategies
- Horse betting: types and specifics
- Horse Racing Betting Strategies
- Arbitrage betting: best sports betting strategy
- Arbitrage Betting Strategy - your bets will be successful