Sports betting strategy. How to use Kelly Criterion as a sports betting strategy[ 10.10.16 ]
Kelly Criterion was invented by and named after John Kelly in 1956. With this amazing strategy, you will never go bust. According to Kelly criterion, your bet size is determined by the size of your bankroll. But the major requirement is your ability to make correct betting predictions.
Kelly criterion is calculated as follows:
(odds Х your winning probability — 1) / (odds-1)
Suppose, your bankroll amounts to $10,000. Odds on your selected sports outcome are 5.00. Your winning probability is 25%. Let’s calculate Kelly criterion: (5.00 х 0.25 - 1) / (5.00 - 1) = 0.0625. This means that you need to place a $625 bet (0.0625 x $10,000).
What makes Kelly criterion a really good sports betting strategy is that your losses are going down as your bankroll is reducing. If you’re betting 10% of your bankroll, then even after 6 consecutive losses you’ll still have 48% of your original bankroll.
If you’re overwhelmed with the Kelly criterion, it’s time to get down to Earth. This sports betting strategy won’t make you rich in a nick of time. In the best scenario, your bankroll will grow by 5% with each new bet.
To start using Kelly criterion, you need to determine the size of your bankroll. The optimal amount varies from 10 to 15 your ordinary bets.
Then you need to find out how good you are at making accurate betting predictions. Here experience is of crucial importance. To get hold of the best odds, you will have to analyze multiple betting lines on multiple betting sites. Your goal is to select sports events with inflated odds – which are quite uncommon, by the way. Picking the event with the odds of 2.0, you must be dead sure that your winning chances are no less than 50%.
Another step is deciding how long you’re planning to use the Kelly criterion strategy. Once you have reached your desired amount of winnings, you should take the money and end the sequence.
Using the Kelly criterion is only effective when you’re estimating your winning chances correctly. If you tend to overestimate your winning probability, you may place a way too big bet. To insure yourself against this risk, you may consider dividing the result by 2.
Furthermore, you can use the Kelly criterion formula to calculate the size of your bet. For example, according to Kelly criterion, you should bet 4% of your bankroll on Game 1 and 2% on Game 2. Then you should bet 4/6 and 2/6 on Games 1 and 2 respectively.
Write a comment
- Required fields are marked with *.
Reply #1 on : Wed March 01, 2017, 00:49:48
- Sports Betting. Juventus vs AC Milan [10.03.17] : the tradition to beat Rossoneri in Turin
- Betting. Lyon vs Roma [09.03.17] : a goal-rich game
- Sports Betting. Napoli vs Real Madrid [07.03.17] : Partenopei to win but Blancos to qualify
- Betting. Lazio vs Roma [01.03.17] : the fierce Derby della Capitale
- Sports Betting. Leicester City vs Liverpool [27.02.17] : Reds to slay half dead Foxes
- Betting. Roma vs Villarreal [23.02.17] : the sunken submarine
- Betting sites: to trust or not to trust?
- How to pick the best betting sites?
- Sports betting sites: pros and cons
- How to Pick Best Betting Sites
- The 50th Super Bowl made history as an immensely expensive show followed by social unrest
- Super Bowl bets 2018 - 2021
- Super Bowl bets 2017
- Super Bowl 2016. Leading contenders
- NFL Super Bowl 2016. Where and when will Super Bowl 2016 take place?
- Another amazing NBA betting strategy
- Basketball betting strategy based on lineup changes
- NBA betting: Betting on favorite winning a quarter
- Even-Odd live basketball betting strategy
- Basketball betting: Odd/even score
- NBA Betting. Oscar’s Grind strategy in basketball betting
- NBA betting. How to earn on NBA arbitrage betting
- NBA Betting. How and where to place profitable basketball bets
- NBA betting. What makes NBA betting different from other basketball bets
- NBA Betting Strategies
- Yellow card football betting
- Football Betting. Live corners betting
- Corners football betting. Strategy and useful tips
- Football betting. How to make money on soccer bet
- Tips To Win At Football Betting
- Sports gambling: psychological aspect
- Basic things all online sports gambling fans should know
- Things Sports Gambling Fans Should Know
- What sets golf betting apart from other betting types
- Golf Betting. Top popular tournaments for successful golf betting
- Guide to golf betting
- Types of Golf Betting
- Spread betting. Spread betting types in tennis
- Sports spread betting. Spread betting types in football
- Sports Spread Betting: FAQ
- Types of spread betting
- Common mistakes by live betting lovers
- What makes live betting different from other online sports betting types
- Live Betting. How to succeed in live betting and minimize your losses
- What makes live betting special
- Live betting 101: Introduction
- Zero handicap and negative handicap in tennis betting
- Tennis player’s physical shape as a tennis betting strategy
- Tennis betting: long-term and combination
- Tennis betting strategies: double betting and game betting
- Tennis Betting Strategy
- Comparing the Strategies of Poker and Sports Betting
- Martingale sports betting strategy: pitfalls
- Sports betting strategies that preserve your bankroll. Money management strategies
- Sports betting strategy. How to use Kelly Criterion as a sports betting strategy
- Sports betting strategy. Martingale and D’Alembert financial strategies
- Flat Sports Betting Strategy Is Not Rocket Science
- NHL betting. How to make accurate NHL betting predictions
- Types of hockey bet
- About NHL betting and NHL betting strategies
- How many bookmakers to pick to make money on sports betting?
- How to start winning at sports betting
- Sports Betting. Basic betting terms
- Successful Sports Betting: Practical Tips
- What do I do if my bookmaker refuses to pay out my winnings?
- Online Bookmakers. How a bookmaker works
- Where to place safe sports bets. How to pick a reliable bookmaker
- How Bookmaker Works
- NFL betting. Where and how to succeed in NFL sports betting
- Beginner’s guide to NFL betting
- NFL betting: predictions and bets
- What makes NFL betting different
- Top popular horse betting types
- Horse betting: rules and strategies
- Horse betting: types and specifics
- Horse Racing Betting Strategies
- Arbitrage betting: best sports betting strategy
- Arbitrage Betting Strategy - your bets will be successful