Sports betting strategy. Martingale and D’Alembert financial strategies[ 08.10.16 ]
Some of sports betting strategies were borrowed from online gambling industry. Such strategies are known as “financial strategies.” At the same time, betting experts prefer to call them mathematical strategies because they have nothing to do with sport and incorporate purely mathematical calculations.
Martingale: top popular sports betting strategy
Martingale system is a most commonly used sports betting strategy. Originally intended for casino gambling, Martingale strategy allows you to stay in the black even if you’re on a losing streak. But along with high effectiveness, Martingale sports betting strategy incorporates a high level of risk. When applied recklessly, Martingale system may lead to huge losses.
Let’s break down how Martingale sports betting strategy works. If your bet loses, you need to double your next bet. Once your bet wins, you need to return to your original bet amount. Suppose, you placed a $100 bet. If you bet loses, you need to wager $200, then $400, and so on will you succeed. Once your bet wins, you need to reduce your bet down to $100. To maximize your benefit from Martingale system, you should pick sports outcomes with the odds starting from 2.0.
Just like any sports betting strategy, Martingale system has its flaws. First, you may not have enough money on your account to place another double bet. Second, your bet may exceed the maximum bet limit set by your selected bookmaker. Third, stress may definitely take its toll on you. Martingale is an emotionally challenging strategy that only stress-resistant bettors can handle. Think twice about whether you’re okay with doubling your bet again and again.
D’Alembert pyramid system
D’Alembert sports betting strategy is another profitable yet risky betting system. Just like the Martingale system, it was too originally developed for casino lovers.
According to D’Alembert betting strategy, you need to increase your bet by 1 unit after each loss and reduce it by 1 unit after each win.
You need to determine the size of one unit by yourself, based on the size of your bankroll.
D’Alembert sports betting strategy proves most effective when used with the odds of 3-4. After each win, you can return to your original bet, instead of reducing it by one unit. By adjusting the strategy like that, you can lower your risks.
Although a very popular and profitable strategy, D’Alembert pyramid betting system will probably end in a negative balance in the long term.
The Contra D’Alembert sports betting strategy works vice versa. According to Contra D’Alembert betting system, you need to increase your bet by one unit when you win and reduce your bet by one unit when you lose. This is an ideal strategy for winning streaks.
Write a comment
- Required fields are marked with *.
- Sports Betting. Juventus vs AC Milan [10.03.17] : the tradition to beat Rossoneri in Turin
- Betting. Lyon vs Roma [09.03.17] : a goal-rich game
- Sports Betting. Napoli vs Real Madrid [07.03.17] : Partenopei to win but Blancos to qualify
- Betting. Lazio vs Roma [01.03.17] : the fierce Derby della Capitale
- Sports Betting. Leicester City vs Liverpool [27.02.17] : Reds to slay half dead Foxes
- Betting. Roma vs Villarreal [23.02.17] : the sunken submarine
- Betting sites: to trust or not to trust?
- How to pick the best betting sites?
- Sports betting sites: pros and cons
- How to Pick Best Betting Sites
- The 50th Super Bowl made history as an immensely expensive show followed by social unrest
- Super Bowl bets 2018 - 2021
- Super Bowl bets 2017
- Super Bowl 2016. Leading contenders
- NFL Super Bowl 2016. Where and when will Super Bowl 2016 take place?
- Another amazing NBA betting strategy
- Basketball betting strategy based on lineup changes
- NBA betting: Betting on favorite winning a quarter
- Even-Odd live basketball betting strategy
- Basketball betting: Odd/even score
- NBA Betting. Oscar’s Grind strategy in basketball betting
- NBA betting. How to earn on NBA arbitrage betting
- NBA Betting. How and where to place profitable basketball bets
- NBA betting. What makes NBA betting different from other basketball bets
- NBA Betting Strategies
- Yellow card football betting
- Football Betting. Live corners betting
- Corners football betting. Strategy and useful tips
- Football betting. How to make money on soccer bet
- Tips To Win At Football Betting
- Sports gambling: psychological aspect
- Basic things all online sports gambling fans should know
- Things Sports Gambling Fans Should Know
- What sets golf betting apart from other betting types
- Golf Betting. Top popular tournaments for successful golf betting
- Guide to golf betting
- Types of Golf Betting
- Spread betting. Spread betting types in tennis
- Sports spread betting. Spread betting types in football
- Sports Spread Betting: FAQ
- Types of spread betting
- Common mistakes by live betting lovers
- What makes live betting different from other online sports betting types
- Live Betting. How to succeed in live betting and minimize your losses
- What makes live betting special
- Live betting 101: Introduction
- Zero handicap and negative handicap in tennis betting
- Tennis player’s physical shape as a tennis betting strategy
- Tennis betting: long-term and combination
- Tennis betting strategies: double betting and game betting
- Tennis Betting Strategy
- Martingale sports betting strategy: pitfalls
- Sports betting strategies that preserve your bankroll. Money management strategies
- Sports betting strategy. How to use Kelly Criterion as a sports betting strategy
- Sports betting strategy. Martingale and D’Alembert financial strategies
- Flat Sports Betting Strategy Is Not Rocket Science
- NHL betting. How to make accurate NHL betting predictions
- Types of hockey bet
- About NHL betting and NHL betting strategies
- How many bookmakers to pick to make money on sports betting?
- How to start winning at sports betting
- Sports Betting. Basic betting terms
- Successful Sports Betting: Practical Tips
- What do I do if my bookmaker refuses to pay out my winnings?
- Online Bookmakers. How a bookmaker works
- Where to place safe sports bets. How to pick a reliable bookmaker
- How Bookmaker Works
- NFL betting. Where and how to succeed in NFL sports betting
- Beginner’s guide to NFL betting
- NFL betting: predictions and bets
- What makes NFL betting different
- Top popular horse betting types
- Horse betting: rules and strategies
- Horse betting: types and specifics
- Horse Racing Betting Strategies
- Arbitrage betting: best sports betting strategy
- Arbitrage Betting Strategy - your bets will be successful