Martingale sports betting strategy: pitfalls[ 12.10.16 ]
Just like online casino lovers, sports betting fans are using various profitable strategies to boost their profits and minimize losses. Martingale strategy is a popular betting system widely used in the sports betting industry. According to this strategy, you need to keep betting on the same outcome till you win.
Advantages of Martingale sports betting strategy
This sports betting strategy has proven its effectiveness multiple times. Furthermore, it is very easy to understand and requires no special skills. Even beginners won’t have any trouble applying it to improve their betting performance and lock in juicy profits. However, to use Martingale betting strategy, you still need two things – time and money on your bookmaker account. Although Martingale system seems flawless in theory, there are factors which may heavily impact its effectiveness.
As you probably know, football is the best sport to use Martingale sports betting strategy. First and foremost, you should consider betting on draw because this outcomes features the highest odds. For Martingale sports betting strategy, high odds are an ideal option. If your first bet loses, you need to increase your next bet to cover the previous loss and make a profit.
Drawbacks of Martingale sports betting strategy
Martingale betting system comes in different variations, with short-term and long-term Martingale being the most popular ones. Let’s start with the short-term Martingale strategy. Suppose, “Austria” is playing in five matches. This team is famous for ending many of its matches in a draw. Just as expected, “Austria” drawed some of the matches. The odds on a draw outcome are 3.0. You place a $10 bet. If you bet wins, you start a new sequence. If your bet loses, you should bet on the same outcome in the next “Austria” match. Short-term Martingale strategy had its flaws, though. First, many bookmakers have maximum bet limits to cut bettors’ potential winnings. Second, your picking the wrong team may result in severe losses.
In the long-term Martingale strategy, you keep betting on draw as well. But if your bet wins, you continue to increase your bet instead of cutting it. As the name suggests, this betting strategy is applied over a long period of time, e.g. during a championship. If you know which teams to pick, you can count on juicy winnings.
Write a comment
- Required fields are marked with *.
- Sports Betting. Juventus vs AC Milan [10.03.17] : the tradition to beat Rossoneri in Turin
- Betting. Lyon vs Roma [09.03.17] : a goal-rich game
- Sports Betting. Napoli vs Real Madrid [07.03.17] : Partenopei to win but Blancos to qualify
- Betting. Lazio vs Roma [01.03.17] : the fierce Derby della Capitale
- Sports Betting. Leicester City vs Liverpool [27.02.17] : Reds to slay half dead Foxes
- Betting. Roma vs Villarreal [23.02.17] : the sunken submarine
- Betting sites: to trust or not to trust?
- How to pick the best betting sites?
- Sports betting sites: pros and cons
- How to Pick Best Betting Sites
- The 50th Super Bowl made history as an immensely expensive show followed by social unrest
- Super Bowl bets 2018 - 2021
- Super Bowl bets 2017
- Super Bowl 2016. Leading contenders
- NFL Super Bowl 2016. Where and when will Super Bowl 2016 take place?
- Another amazing NBA betting strategy
- Basketball betting strategy based on lineup changes
- NBA betting: Betting on favorite winning a quarter
- Even-Odd live basketball betting strategy
- Basketball betting: Odd/even score
- NBA Betting. Oscar’s Grind strategy in basketball betting
- NBA betting. How to earn on NBA arbitrage betting
- NBA Betting. How and where to place profitable basketball bets
- NBA betting. What makes NBA betting different from other basketball bets
- NBA Betting Strategies
- Yellow card football betting
- Football Betting. Live corners betting
- Corners football betting. Strategy and useful tips
- Football betting. How to make money on soccer bet
- Tips To Win At Football Betting
- Sports gambling: psychological aspect
- Basic things all online sports gambling fans should know
- Things Sports Gambling Fans Should Know
- What sets golf betting apart from other betting types
- Golf Betting. Top popular tournaments for successful golf betting
- Guide to golf betting
- Types of Golf Betting
- Spread betting. Spread betting types in tennis
- Sports spread betting. Spread betting types in football
- Sports Spread Betting: FAQ
- Types of spread betting
- Common mistakes by live betting lovers
- What makes live betting different from other online sports betting types
- Live Betting. How to succeed in live betting and minimize your losses
- What makes live betting special
- Live betting 101: Introduction
- Zero handicap and negative handicap in tennis betting
- Tennis player’s physical shape as a tennis betting strategy
- Tennis betting: long-term and combination
- Tennis betting strategies: double betting and game betting
- Tennis Betting Strategy
- Martingale sports betting strategy: pitfalls
- Sports betting strategies that preserve your bankroll. Money management strategies
- Sports betting strategy. How to use Kelly Criterion as a sports betting strategy
- Sports betting strategy. Martingale and D’Alembert financial strategies
- Flat Sports Betting Strategy Is Not Rocket Science
- NHL betting. How to make accurate NHL betting predictions
- Types of hockey bet
- About NHL betting and NHL betting strategies
- How many bookmakers to pick to make money on sports betting?
- How to start winning at sports betting
- Sports Betting. Basic betting terms
- Successful Sports Betting: Practical Tips
- What do I do if my bookmaker refuses to pay out my winnings?
- Online Bookmakers. How a bookmaker works
- Where to place safe sports bets. How to pick a reliable bookmaker
- How Bookmaker Works
- NFL betting. Where and how to succeed in NFL sports betting
- Beginner’s guide to NFL betting
- NFL betting: predictions and bets
- What makes NFL betting different
- Top popular horse betting types
- Horse betting: rules and strategies
- Horse betting: types and specifics
- Horse Racing Betting Strategies
- Arbitrage betting: best sports betting strategy
- Arbitrage Betting Strategy - your bets will be successful