Sports betting strategies that preserve your bankroll. Money management strategies[ ]
Some sports betting strategies are based on financial calculations rather than sports betting analysis. These are financial – or mathematical – sports betting strategies aimed at preserving your bankroll.
Oscar’s Grind sports betting strategy
The Oscar’s Grind financial strategy was originally developed for roulette betting on red/black. Therefore, this sports betting strategy is prefect to use for sports events featuring the odds of 2.
In Oscar’s Grind sports betting strategy, your original bet is counted as one unit. You need to determine the size of one unit by yourself. Your goal is to get a profit of one unit at the end of each sequence. If your original bet loses, you bet one unit. After each loss, your next bet amounts to your previous bet. If you win, you increase your next bet by one unit. Moreover, the Oscar’s Grind system features one important rule: if you can place a smaller bet, you should go with it.
Let’s take an example. Suppose, you lost four bets in a row, which means your loss is four units. If your 5th bet wins, your 6th bet should be 2 units. If your 6th bet wins, your 7th bet should be 3 units. According to the strategy’s main rule, your 8th bet should be 4 units.
Miller money management strategy
This strategy was developed by and named after a famous bettor Miller. According to Miller money management strategy, you need to make correct predictions for more than 52.38% events.
According to Miller, your bet should amount to 1% of your initial bankroll. Once your bankroll increases by 25%, you need to adjust the size of your bet. Once your bankroll increases by further 25%, you need to make another adjustment. With this sports betting strategy, you secure a 100% profit – on the condition that 56% of your betting predictions are correct.
Miller money management strategy is based on capital turnover. Miller places 1,000 bets a year. With each bet being 1% of bankroll, your bankroll is used 10 times (1%×1,000=1000%). Your annual profits amount to 76% of your bankroll.
Compared to the Kelly criterion and Martingale sports betting strategy, Miller’s money management strategy is the most reasonable option. The idea of increasing/reducing your bet based on your previous outcome seems to be lacking logic.
Another important advantage of Miller’s strategy is that you can’t deplete your bankroll – on the condition that 56% of your predictions are accurate. Suppose, you are placing the first 200 bets. During 17% of time, less than 50% of your bets will be successful. This means that after hitting the mark of 200 bets, you will part with 45% of your bankroll.
- Sports Betting. Juventus vs AC Milan [10.03.17] : the tradition to beat Rossoneri in Turin
- Betting. Lyon vs Roma [09.03.17] : a goal-rich game
- Sports Betting. Napoli vs Real Madrid [07.03.17] : Partenopei to win but Blancos to qualify
- Betting. Lazio vs Roma [01.03.17] : the fierce Derby della Capitale
- Sports Betting. Leicester City vs Liverpool [27.02.17] : Reds to slay half dead Foxes
- Betting. Roma vs Villarreal [23.02.17] : the sunken submarine
- Betting sites: to trust or not to trust?
- How to pick the best betting sites?
- Sports betting sites: pros and cons
- How to Pick Best Betting Sites
- The 50th Super Bowl made history as an immensely expensive show followed by social unrest
- Super Bowl bets 2018 - 2021
- Super Bowl bets 2017
- Super Bowl 2016. Leading contenders
- NFL Super Bowl 2016. Where and when will Super Bowl 2016 take place?
- Another amazing NBA betting strategy
- Basketball betting strategy based on lineup changes
- NBA betting: Betting on favorite winning a quarter
- Even-Odd live basketball betting strategy
- Basketball betting: Odd/even score
- NBA Betting. Oscar’s Grind strategy in basketball betting
- NBA betting. How to earn on NBA arbitrage betting
- NBA Betting. How and where to place profitable basketball bets
- NBA betting. What makes NBA betting different from other basketball bets
- NBA Betting Strategies
- Yellow card football betting
- Football Betting. Live corners betting
- Corners football betting. Strategy and useful tips
- Football betting. How to make money on soccer bet
- Tips To Win At Football Betting
- Things to Bear In Mind When Sports Betting
- Sports gambling: psychological aspect
- Basic things all online sports gambling fans should know
- Things Sports Gambling Fans Should Know
- What sets golf betting apart from other betting types
- Golf Betting. Top popular tournaments for successful golf betting
- Guide to golf betting
- Types of Golf Betting
- Spread betting. Spread betting types in tennis
- Sports spread betting. Spread betting types in football
- Sports Spread Betting: FAQ
- Types of spread betting
- Common mistakes by live betting lovers
- What makes live betting different from other online sports betting types
- Live Betting. How to succeed in live betting and minimize your losses
- What makes live betting special
- Live betting 101: Introduction
- Zero handicap and negative handicap in tennis betting
- Tennis player’s physical shape as a tennis betting strategy
- Tennis betting: long-term and combination
- Tennis betting strategies: double betting and game betting
- Tennis Betting Strategy
- Comparing the Strategies of Poker and Sports Betting
- Martingale sports betting strategy: pitfalls
- Sports betting strategies that preserve your bankroll. Money management strategies
- Sports betting strategy. How to use Kelly Criterion as a sports betting strategy
- Sports betting strategy. Martingale and D’Alembert financial strategies
- Flat Sports Betting Strategy Is Not Rocket Science
- NHL betting. How to make accurate NHL betting predictions
- Types of hockey bet
- About NHL betting and NHL betting strategies
- Gambling for real money
- How does the betting insurance work?
- How many bookmakers to pick to make money on sports betting?
- How to start winning at sports betting
- Sports Betting. Basic betting terms
- Successful Sports Betting: Practical Tips
- What do I do if my bookmaker refuses to pay out my winnings?
- Online Bookmakers. How a bookmaker works
- Where to place safe sports bets. How to pick a reliable bookmaker
- How Bookmaker Works
- NFL betting. Where and how to succeed in NFL sports betting
- Beginner’s guide to NFL betting
- NFL betting: predictions and bets
- What makes NFL betting different
- Top popular horse betting types
- Horse betting: rules and strategies
- Horse betting: types and specifics
- Horse Racing Betting Strategies
- Arbitrage betting: best sports betting strategy
- Arbitrage Betting Strategy - your bets will be successful