Bookmakers are not public organizations that distribute winnings among bettors. Like any profit-oriented business, they aim at maximizing their revenues. Bookies live off sports gambling. To make profit under any circumstances, they set distorted betting odds. You’d better remember it once and for all. There are always more of those benefiting from online sports gambling than those really winning.
Money management in online sports gambling
This issue is not to be taken lightly. If you view online sports gambling as a source of income rather than enjoyable pastime, you should focus on your balance vs. wins. The rule is pretty simple: your winnings must exceed your losses. Although this rule is downright logical and reasonable, for some reason it’s often ignored. People continue to make the mistake of focusing on winning bets. You may have plenty of wins and just one loss, but your balance will still be depleted. But sometimes, a bettor can increase their balance by winning only 20% and losing 80% of all sports bets.
If you intend to make internet sports gambling your consistent source of income, you should act future-oriented. Follow a smart long-term strategy and adjust your decisions as you go.
Why the stage of the tournament matters in sports gambling online
When analyzing the outcomes of sports events (especially if you’re doing this for online sports betting), remember to consider the tournament phase. Bear in mind that the favorite does not always win. It’s not uncommon that the favorite is relaxed and unfocused early in the season. At the same time, outsiders do their best in early games, which takes them to top positions in the table. Furthermore, a reshaped team is yet another reason why a team may deliver unstable results. It takes some time for players to act like a team on the field. That’s why a team consisting entirely of superstar players may play not so good.
Outsiders are regularly overbet, because bookmakers do not expect them to win. If you bet on an outsider and they win, you may win a vast sum of money. Remember that an underestimated and driven team stands a chance of beating the favorite. It’s not always the reward that motivates players to deliver good results and win in sports gambling online.
In the middle of the championship, bettors can already predict the results based on the current situation. But the end of the tournament is as unpredictable as its beginning. There is no time to collect points in a relaxed way. Teams start to give their best in severe competition. In this stage, physical form and psychological state of the team play a very important role in the outcome. So keep your eyes open.
Write a comment
- Required fields are marked with *.
Sports gambling: psychological aspect
[ 28.09.16 ]
To succeed in sports gambling, you need to be a psychologically stable person, especially if you are placing plenty of bets and risking large amounts of money
Basic things all online sports gambling fans should know
[ 14.09.16 ]
Placing bets with bookmakers is not rocket science. But at the same time, securing a stable winning streak and making consistent profits is an unachievable goal
Things Sports Gambling Fans Should Know
[ 02.08.16 ]
Placing sports bets is not rocket science. What is more challenging is to have a ‘plus’ balance on your account. Although we can’t guarantee you a winning streak, you can increase your winning chances by following these simple yet smart recommendations
- Sports Betting. Juventus vs AC Milan [10.03.17] : the tradition to beat Rossoneri in Turin
- Betting. Lyon vs Roma [09.03.17] : a goal-rich game
- Sports Betting. Napoli vs Real Madrid [07.03.17] : Partenopei to win but Blancos to qualify
- Betting. Lazio vs Roma [01.03.17] : the fierce Derby della Capitale
- Sports Betting. Leicester City vs Liverpool [27.02.17] : Reds to slay half dead Foxes
- Betting. Roma vs Villarreal [23.02.17] : the sunken submarine
- Betting sites: to trust or not to trust?
- How to pick the best betting sites?
- Sports betting sites: pros and cons
- How to Pick Best Betting Sites
- The 50th Super Bowl made history as an immensely expensive show followed by social unrest
- Super Bowl bets 2018 - 2021
- Super Bowl bets 2017
- Super Bowl 2016. Leading contenders
- NFL Super Bowl 2016. Where and when will Super Bowl 2016 take place?
- Another amazing NBA betting strategy
- Basketball betting strategy based on lineup changes
- NBA betting: Betting on favorite winning a quarter
- Even-Odd live basketball betting strategy
- Basketball betting: Odd/even score
- NBA Betting. Oscar’s Grind strategy in basketball betting
- NBA betting. How to earn on NBA arbitrage betting
- NBA Betting. How and where to place profitable basketball bets
- NBA betting. What makes NBA betting different from other basketball bets
- NBA Betting Strategies
- Yellow card football betting
- Football Betting. Live corners betting
- Corners football betting. Strategy and useful tips
- Football betting. How to make money on soccer bet
- Tips To Win At Football Betting
- Sports gambling: psychological aspect
- Basic things all online sports gambling fans should know
- Things Sports Gambling Fans Should Know
- What sets golf betting apart from other betting types
- Golf Betting. Top popular tournaments for successful golf betting
- Guide to golf betting
- Types of Golf Betting
- Spread betting. Spread betting types in tennis
- Sports spread betting. Spread betting types in football
- Sports Spread Betting: FAQ
- Types of spread betting
- Common mistakes by live betting lovers
- What makes live betting different from other online sports betting types
- Live Betting. How to succeed in live betting and minimize your losses
- What makes live betting special
- Live betting 101: Introduction
- Zero handicap and negative handicap in tennis betting
- Tennis player’s physical shape as a tennis betting strategy
- Tennis betting: long-term and combination
- Tennis betting strategies: double betting and game betting
- Tennis Betting Strategy
- Comparing the Strategies of Poker and Sports Betting
- Martingale sports betting strategy: pitfalls
- Sports betting strategies that preserve your bankroll. Money management strategies
- Sports betting strategy. How to use Kelly Criterion as a sports betting strategy
- Sports betting strategy. Martingale and D’Alembert financial strategies
- Flat Sports Betting Strategy Is Not Rocket Science
- NHL betting. How to make accurate NHL betting predictions
- Types of hockey bet
- About NHL betting and NHL betting strategies
- How does the betting insurance work?
- How many bookmakers to pick to make money on sports betting?
- How to start winning at sports betting
- Sports Betting. Basic betting terms
- Successful Sports Betting: Practical Tips
- What do I do if my bookmaker refuses to pay out my winnings?
- Online Bookmakers. How a bookmaker works
- Where to place safe sports bets. How to pick a reliable bookmaker
- How Bookmaker Works
- NFL betting. Where and how to succeed in NFL sports betting
- Beginner’s guide to NFL betting
- NFL betting: predictions and bets
- What makes NFL betting different
- Top popular horse betting types
- Horse betting: rules and strategies
- Horse betting: types and specifics
- Horse Racing Betting Strategies
- Arbitrage betting: best sports betting strategy
- Arbitrage Betting Strategy - your bets will be successful