Sports gambling: psychological aspect[ 28.09.16 ]
To succeed in sports gambling, you need to be a psychologically stable person, especially if you are placing plenty of bets and risking large amounts of money.
Gambling excitement generated by online sports gambling has a reverse side, though. Every loss and disappointment may lower your spirits and undermine your self-confidence. If for you sports gambling is just a nice hobby and you only bet from time to time, then the first successful bet will make you forget about previous nasty losses in a second.
But for a professional bettor who makes their living on online sports gambling, the situation is quite the opposite. Suppose, you place 10 bets a day, with 8 of them unsuccessful. Under such circumstances, even a most patient and reserved bettor starts to doubt their selected path in sports gambling. Losing a big amount of money makes the psychological atmosphere even more tense.
Following a disappointing loss, a bettor attempts to recoup, which makes things even worse. Remember that sports gambling aimed at recouping your losses is a taboo.
Any gambling entertainment incorporates a certain level of risk, and sports gambling is no exception. Risk factor – whether small or big – is always there, and you must realize that when deciding to commit yourself to sports gambling.
Once you placed a sports bet, you can’t do anything to change the situation. This is why you need to take into account all important factors before making a stake.
If you have done your best analyzing all significant factors, you can’t blame yourself for a loss. Random losses happen to anyone involved in sports gambling, and you need to clench your teeth and just get over them.
But if you are hitting lengthy losing streaks on a regular basis, you should double-check your decisions. Think about the quality of your sports gambling predictions and review your sports gambling behavior. Who knows, a short break from online sports gambling on betting sites might do you good.
Things may take an ugly turn, though. A bettor may develop problems with sports gambling addiction. Such a person needs immediate psychological help, and sports gambling must be banned from their list of activities.
As many bettors can judge from their own experience, after a loss there always comes success. With time, a bettor develops emotional resilience and starts to perceive losses as an integral part of online sports gambling. Moreover, without losses, wins wouldn’t be as exciting and enjoyable.
Write a comment
- Required fields are marked with *.
- Sports Betting. Juventus vs AC Milan [10.03.17] : the tradition to beat Rossoneri in Turin
- Betting. Lyon vs Roma [09.03.17] : a goal-rich game
- Sports Betting. Napoli vs Real Madrid [07.03.17] : Partenopei to win but Blancos to qualify
- Betting. Lazio vs Roma [01.03.17] : the fierce Derby della Capitale
- Sports Betting. Leicester City vs Liverpool [27.02.17] : Reds to slay half dead Foxes
- Betting. Roma vs Villarreal [23.02.17] : the sunken submarine
- Betting sites: to trust or not to trust?
- How to pick the best betting sites?
- Sports betting sites: pros and cons
- How to Pick Best Betting Sites
- The 50th Super Bowl made history as an immensely expensive show followed by social unrest
- Super Bowl bets 2018 - 2021
- Super Bowl bets 2017
- Super Bowl 2016. Leading contenders
- NFL Super Bowl 2016. Where and when will Super Bowl 2016 take place?
- Another amazing NBA betting strategy
- Basketball betting strategy based on lineup changes
- NBA betting: Betting on favorite winning a quarter
- Even-Odd live basketball betting strategy
- Basketball betting: Odd/even score
- NBA Betting. Oscar’s Grind strategy in basketball betting
- NBA betting. How to earn on NBA arbitrage betting
- NBA Betting. How and where to place profitable basketball bets
- NBA betting. What makes NBA betting different from other basketball bets
- NBA Betting Strategies
- Yellow card football betting
- Football Betting. Live corners betting
- Corners football betting. Strategy and useful tips
- Football betting. How to make money on soccer bet
- Tips To Win At Football Betting
- Sports gambling: psychological aspect
- Basic things all online sports gambling fans should know
- Things Sports Gambling Fans Should Know
- What sets golf betting apart from other betting types
- Golf Betting. Top popular tournaments for successful golf betting
- Guide to golf betting
- Types of Golf Betting
- Spread betting. Spread betting types in tennis
- Sports spread betting. Spread betting types in football
- Sports Spread Betting: FAQ
- Types of spread betting
- Common mistakes by live betting lovers
- What makes live betting different from other online sports betting types
- Live Betting. How to succeed in live betting and minimize your losses
- What makes live betting special
- Live betting 101: Introduction
- Zero handicap and negative handicap in tennis betting
- Tennis player’s physical shape as a tennis betting strategy
- Tennis betting: long-term and combination
- Tennis betting strategies: double betting and game betting
- Tennis Betting Strategy
- Comparing the Strategies of Poker and Sports Betting
- Martingale sports betting strategy: pitfalls
- Sports betting strategies that preserve your bankroll. Money management strategies
- Sports betting strategy. How to use Kelly Criterion as a sports betting strategy
- Sports betting strategy. Martingale and D’Alembert financial strategies
- Flat Sports Betting Strategy Is Not Rocket Science
- NHL betting. How to make accurate NHL betting predictions
- Types of hockey bet
- About NHL betting and NHL betting strategies
- How many bookmakers to pick to make money on sports betting?
- How to start winning at sports betting
- Sports Betting. Basic betting terms
- Successful Sports Betting: Practical Tips
- What do I do if my bookmaker refuses to pay out my winnings?
- Online Bookmakers. How a bookmaker works
- Where to place safe sports bets. How to pick a reliable bookmaker
- How Bookmaker Works
- NFL betting. Where and how to succeed in NFL sports betting
- Beginner’s guide to NFL betting
- NFL betting: predictions and bets
- What makes NFL betting different
- Top popular horse betting types
- Horse betting: rules and strategies
- Horse betting: types and specifics
- Horse Racing Betting Strategies
- Arbitrage betting: best sports betting strategy
- Arbitrage Betting Strategy - your bets will be successful