Things to Bear In Mind When Sports Betting[ 25.09.18 ]
Placing a bet on their home team to win has long been a favourite pastime of sports fans. With the rise of the online sportsbook, it’s now easier than ever to get in on the action. Any casino worth its salt will have a sportsbook included alongside regular casino games and a live casino, and a good sportsbook will enable you to place a whole range of different types of bets on almost any sport you can think of. Some sportsbooks also offer betting on eSports, such as CS:GO and PUBG.
With live streaming of sporting events comes live betting, which is an exciting new element to the world of sports betting and one that has helped make online betting more popular than its land-based counterpart. The choice of online sportsbooks is also wider and more varied than land-based bookies, and that means that punters can shop around for the most competitive odds and the best bonuses.
How to Choose the Best Online Sportsbook
The first thing to consider when you’re comparing online sportsbooks is security. A legitimate sportsbook will be housed within a reputable online casino that’s licenced and regulated by a strict governing body. The Malta Gaming Authority (MGA) and the UK Gambling Commission (GAMBLING COMMISSION) are two of the most trusted regulatory bodies to look out and their logos should be prominently displayed on the casino’s homepage.
SSL encryption is also extremely important because it ensures that all your personal and financial details are kept safe from unwanted third-parties. The casino should also offer trustworthy payment providers for players to make deposits and withdrawals.
Finally, of course, you’ll need to check the sports and sporting events on offer and whether or not the odds are competitive. And it’s also a good idea to check whether or not the casino offers bonuses to its players and what wagering requirements are attached to those bonuses.
Bonuses and Wagering Requirements
Almost every online casino will offer a welcome bonus to new players. Unfortunately, it’s not always possible to use the welcome bonus to place bets in the sportsbook, so players need to read the terms and conditions carefully or look for a casino that offers a welcome bonus that is specific to the sportsbook. A bonus will almost always have wagering requirements attached, meaning that the bonus money needs to be wagered a certain amount of times before any winnings can be withdrawn. You’ll find many a great guide to wagering requirements online that will give you all the ins and outs of how these requirements work and the best way to get through them.
The beauty of an online sportsbook is not only that the odds are so competitive but also that they can change and improve just before the event begins. For example, the odds could be 2.1 on the home team taking a win but could drastically change based on an external factor taking place just before the game starts, such as an important player getting injured in the previous game or falling ill on the morning of the game you’re betting on. A last minute bet, therefore, will probably give you the most telling odds.
The best way to truly understand the odds being offered is to become an expert on the games you’re betting on. You need detailed information on the players, the coaches, the refs and the grounds being played on. In order to place the right bet at the right time you need to be more than just a fan, you need to be a sports connoisseur and take emotion and team loyalty out of the equation.
- Sports Betting. Juventus vs AC Milan [10.03.17] : the tradition to beat Rossoneri in Turin
- Betting. Lyon vs Roma [09.03.17] : a goal-rich game
- Sports Betting. Napoli vs Real Madrid [07.03.17] : Partenopei to win but Blancos to qualify
- Betting. Lazio vs Roma [01.03.17] : the fierce Derby della Capitale
- Sports Betting. Leicester City vs Liverpool [27.02.17] : Reds to slay half dead Foxes
- Betting. Roma vs Villarreal [23.02.17] : the sunken submarine
- Betting sites: to trust or not to trust?
- How to pick the best betting sites?
- Sports betting sites: pros and cons
- How to Pick Best Betting Sites
- The 50th Super Bowl made history as an immensely expensive show followed by social unrest
- Super Bowl bets 2018 - 2021
- Super Bowl bets 2017
- Super Bowl 2016. Leading contenders
- NFL Super Bowl 2016. Where and when will Super Bowl 2016 take place?
- Another amazing NBA betting strategy
- Basketball betting strategy based on lineup changes
- NBA betting: Betting on favorite winning a quarter
- Even-Odd live basketball betting strategy
- Basketball betting: Odd/even score
- NBA Betting. Oscar’s Grind strategy in basketball betting
- NBA betting. How to earn on NBA arbitrage betting
- NBA Betting. How and where to place profitable basketball bets
- NBA betting. What makes NBA betting different from other basketball bets
- NBA Betting Strategies
- Yellow card football betting
- Football Betting. Live corners betting
- Corners football betting. Strategy and useful tips
- Football betting. How to make money on soccer bet
- Tips To Win At Football Betting
- Things to Bear In Mind When Sports Betting
- Sports gambling: psychological aspect
- Basic things all online sports gambling fans should know
- Things Sports Gambling Fans Should Know
- What sets golf betting apart from other betting types
- Golf Betting. Top popular tournaments for successful golf betting
- Guide to golf betting
- Types of Golf Betting
- Spread betting. Spread betting types in tennis
- Sports spread betting. Spread betting types in football
- Sports Spread Betting: FAQ
- Types of spread betting
- Common mistakes by live betting lovers
- What makes live betting different from other online sports betting types
- Live Betting. How to succeed in live betting and minimize your losses
- What makes live betting special
- Live betting 101: Introduction
- Zero handicap and negative handicap in tennis betting
- Tennis player’s physical shape as a tennis betting strategy
- Tennis betting: long-term and combination
- Tennis betting strategies: double betting and game betting
- Tennis Betting Strategy
- Comparing the Strategies of Poker and Sports Betting
- Martingale sports betting strategy: pitfalls
- Sports betting strategies that preserve your bankroll. Money management strategies
- Sports betting strategy. How to use Kelly Criterion as a sports betting strategy
- Sports betting strategy. Martingale and D’Alembert financial strategies
- Flat Sports Betting Strategy Is Not Rocket Science
- NHL betting. How to make accurate NHL betting predictions
- Types of hockey bet
- About NHL betting and NHL betting strategies
- How does the betting insurance work?
- How many bookmakers to pick to make money on sports betting?
- How to start winning at sports betting
- Sports Betting. Basic betting terms
- Successful Sports Betting: Practical Tips
- What do I do if my bookmaker refuses to pay out my winnings?
- Online Bookmakers. How a bookmaker works
- Where to place safe sports bets. How to pick a reliable bookmaker
- How Bookmaker Works
- NFL betting. Where and how to succeed in NFL sports betting
- Beginner’s guide to NFL betting
- NFL betting: predictions and bets
- What makes NFL betting different
- Top popular horse betting types
- Horse betting: rules and strategies
- Horse betting: types and specifics
- Horse Racing Betting Strategies
- Arbitrage betting: best sports betting strategy
- Arbitrage Betting Strategy - your bets will be successful