Nowadays, spread betting is becoming increasingly popular among bettors. In this article, we’ll look at this new trend in sports betting and how to use it.
Not so long ago, few bettors heard about sports spread betting. With dramatic increase in popularity of bookies, this type of bets has found its target audience as well.
When making a standard sport bet on the outcome, you deposit a certain amount of money and know exactly how much money you may win in case of success. Moreover, you know how much you may lose – which is the amount of your bet.
More about sports spread betting
Spread betting is a slightly different thing. Firstly, there is no need to invest money at once. A bookmaker will probably check availability of money on your account but won’t write it off. Second, the amount of winnings or losses are calculated after the sports event is over. Third, you can always sell you spread bets, i.e. get the money before the sports event is over.
Example of spread betting
Let’s take an example to see how sports spread betting works from a bookmaker’s perspective.
Suppose, a bookie expects a certain team to score 60 goals during the season. But you expect that this figure will be much higher. You make a $10 bet. Then it turns out that your favorite team scored 100 goals over the season. You winnings will be calculated as follows: (100-60)*10=400 dollars. But what if your team scored just 40 goals? Your loss will be: (50-40)*10=100 dollars. As you can see, you may either win, or lose a vast sum of money.
Our tip is to be wary when dealing with spread betting. Remember that you may not know the amount of your potential loss in advance. On the other hand, even a small bet may bring you x10 winnings or more. Anyway, there is no denying that sports spread betting has made sports gambling even more exciting.
Write a comment
- Required fields are marked with *.
Spread betting. Spread betting types in tennis
[ 05.10.16 ]
Tennis betting has wide spread betting opportunities. We talk You about variety of profitable sports spread betting options in tennis
Sports spread betting. Spread betting types in football
[ 04.10.16 ]
How to apply a spread betting strategy in football betting. All about football spread betting and its advantages for betters
Sports Spread Betting: FAQ
[ 14.09.16 ]
The bookmaker makes a betting prediction based on a number of important factors. The bettor then decides whether the prediction is over- or underassessed
Types of spread betting
[ 04.08.16 ]
Sports spread betting comes in all forms and sizes. Feel free to try them all out to pick the most profitable ones
- Sports Betting. Juventus vs AC Milan [10.03.17] : the tradition to beat Rossoneri in Turin
- Betting. Lyon vs Roma [09.03.17] : a goal-rich game
- Sports Betting. Napoli vs Real Madrid [07.03.17] : Partenopei to win but Blancos to qualify
- Betting. Lazio vs Roma [01.03.17] : the fierce Derby della Capitale
- Sports Betting. Leicester City vs Liverpool [27.02.17] : Reds to slay half dead Foxes
- Betting. Roma vs Villarreal [23.02.17] : the sunken submarine
- Betting sites: to trust or not to trust?
- How to pick the best betting sites?
- Sports betting sites: pros and cons
- How to Pick Best Betting Sites
- The 50th Super Bowl made history as an immensely expensive show followed by social unrest
- Super Bowl bets 2018 - 2021
- Super Bowl bets 2017
- Super Bowl 2016. Leading contenders
- NFL Super Bowl 2016. Where and when will Super Bowl 2016 take place?
- Another amazing NBA betting strategy
- Basketball betting strategy based on lineup changes
- NBA betting: Betting on favorite winning a quarter
- Even-Odd live basketball betting strategy
- Basketball betting: Odd/even score
- NBA Betting. Oscar’s Grind strategy in basketball betting
- NBA betting. How to earn on NBA arbitrage betting
- NBA Betting. How and where to place profitable basketball bets
- NBA betting. What makes NBA betting different from other basketball bets
- NBA Betting Strategies
- Yellow card football betting
- Football Betting. Live corners betting
- Corners football betting. Strategy and useful tips
- Football betting. How to make money on soccer bet
- Tips To Win At Football Betting
- Sports gambling: psychological aspect
- Basic things all online sports gambling fans should know
- Things Sports Gambling Fans Should Know
- What sets golf betting apart from other betting types
- Golf Betting. Top popular tournaments for successful golf betting
- Guide to golf betting
- Types of Golf Betting
- Spread betting. Spread betting types in tennis
- Sports spread betting. Spread betting types in football
- Sports Spread Betting: FAQ
- Types of spread betting
- Common mistakes by live betting lovers
- What makes live betting different from other online sports betting types
- Live Betting. How to succeed in live betting and minimize your losses
- What makes live betting special
- Live betting 101: Introduction
- Zero handicap and negative handicap in tennis betting
- Tennis player’s physical shape as a tennis betting strategy
- Tennis betting: long-term and combination
- Tennis betting strategies: double betting and game betting
- Tennis Betting Strategy
- Martingale sports betting strategy: pitfalls
- Sports betting strategies that preserve your bankroll. Money management strategies
- Sports betting strategy. How to use Kelly Criterion as a sports betting strategy
- Sports betting strategy. Martingale and D’Alembert financial strategies
- Flat Sports Betting Strategy Is Not Rocket Science
- NHL betting. How to make accurate NHL betting predictions
- Types of hockey bet
- About NHL betting and NHL betting strategies
- How many bookmakers to pick to make money on sports betting?
- How to start winning at sports betting
- Sports Betting. Basic betting terms
- Successful Sports Betting: Practical Tips
- What do I do if my bookmaker refuses to pay out my winnings?
- Online Bookmakers. How a bookmaker works
- Where to place safe sports bets. How to pick a reliable bookmaker
- How Bookmaker Works
- NFL betting. Where and how to succeed in NFL sports betting
- Beginner’s guide to NFL betting
- NFL betting: predictions and bets
- What makes NFL betting different
- Top popular horse betting types
- Horse betting: rules and strategies
- Horse betting: types and specifics
- Horse Racing Betting Strategies
- Arbitrage betting: best sports betting strategy
- Arbitrage Betting Strategy - your bets will be successful