Sports spread betting. Spread betting types in football[ 04.10.16 ]
In this article, we will talk about how to apply a spread betting strategy in football betting. After analyzing the detailed examples below, you will get the general idea of how sports spread betting works.
This market is characterized by one team dominating over the other. In other words, it is a game played between the strong favorite and the underdog. A bookmaker predicts by how many goals the favorite will beat the outsider. Here is an example of a spread: 0.1-0.3.
Suppose, the favorite wins the match with the score 4-1. In this case, supremacy is: 4 - 1 = 3 goals. If the favorite loses with the score 0-1, the underdog’s supremacy is: 0 - 1 = -1. As you can see, everything depends on who won the match.
This market is based on the total number of goals scored by both teams during the match. Here you don’t need to identify the underdog and the favorite or predict the winner. For total goals market, even a draw is a good outcome. Spread may come as decimal numbers, such as 2.7-3.0.
How many cards will the judge show during the match? Many bookmakers use the following system:
- 10 points for a yellow card (no more than one card for one player).
- 25 points for a red card.
- If a player gets one yellow card and then another one (i.e. a red card as a total), he is assigned 10 + 25 = 35 points.
- In the total bookings market, a spread usually varies from 44 to 48 points.
Spread is determined by the total number of corner kicks made by both teams during the match. Bookmakers usually set the spread at 10-11 corners.
In this case the 1st time corners are multiplied by the 2nd time corners.
Take, the 1st time featured 5 corners and the 2nd time had 7 corners. The result is: 5 х 7 = 35. Spread usually ranges from 30 to 33.
On many betting sites, you can test your luck in win index betting. But what is win index and how is it calculated? Every bookmakers uses their own system of assigning points for victory, loss, and draw. For example, a team gets 25 points for winning the game, 10 points for drawing the game, and 0 points for losing.
As the game is played between two teams, this sports spread betting type can be applied to both of the teams. But the spread set for the favorite differs from the one set for the underdog. Take a match between the Celtic and the St. Mirren. For the Celtic, the spread is set at 19.5-21, while the St. Mirren has the spread of 2.5-4.
Write a comment
- Required fields are marked with *.
Reply #1 on : Fri February 24, 2017, 20:00:17
- Sports Betting. Juventus vs AC Milan [10.03.17] : the tradition to beat Rossoneri in Turin
- Betting. Lyon vs Roma [09.03.17] : a goal-rich game
- Sports Betting. Napoli vs Real Madrid [07.03.17] : Partenopei to win but Blancos to qualify
- Betting. Lazio vs Roma [01.03.17] : the fierce Derby della Capitale
- Sports Betting. Leicester City vs Liverpool [27.02.17] : Reds to slay half dead Foxes
- Betting. Roma vs Villarreal [23.02.17] : the sunken submarine
- Betting sites: to trust or not to trust?
- How to pick the best betting sites?
- Sports betting sites: pros and cons
- How to Pick Best Betting Sites
- The 50th Super Bowl made history as an immensely expensive show followed by social unrest
- Super Bowl bets 2018 - 2021
- Super Bowl bets 2017
- Super Bowl 2016. Leading contenders
- NFL Super Bowl 2016. Where and when will Super Bowl 2016 take place?
- Another amazing NBA betting strategy
- Basketball betting strategy based on lineup changes
- NBA betting: Betting on favorite winning a quarter
- Even-Odd live basketball betting strategy
- Basketball betting: Odd/even score
- NBA Betting. Oscar’s Grind strategy in basketball betting
- NBA betting. How to earn on NBA arbitrage betting
- NBA Betting. How and where to place profitable basketball bets
- NBA betting. What makes NBA betting different from other basketball bets
- NBA Betting Strategies
- Yellow card football betting
- Football Betting. Live corners betting
- Corners football betting. Strategy and useful tips
- Football betting. How to make money on soccer bet
- Tips To Win At Football Betting
- Sports gambling: psychological aspect
- Basic things all online sports gambling fans should know
- Things Sports Gambling Fans Should Know
- What sets golf betting apart from other betting types
- Golf Betting. Top popular tournaments for successful golf betting
- Guide to golf betting
- Types of Golf Betting
- Spread betting. Spread betting types in tennis
- Sports spread betting. Spread betting types in football
- Sports Spread Betting: FAQ
- Types of spread betting
- Common mistakes by live betting lovers
- What makes live betting different from other online sports betting types
- Live Betting. How to succeed in live betting and minimize your losses
- What makes live betting special
- Live betting 101: Introduction
- Zero handicap and negative handicap in tennis betting
- Tennis player’s physical shape as a tennis betting strategy
- Tennis betting: long-term and combination
- Tennis betting strategies: double betting and game betting
- Tennis Betting Strategy
- Comparing the Strategies of Poker and Sports Betting
- Martingale sports betting strategy: pitfalls
- Sports betting strategies that preserve your bankroll. Money management strategies
- Sports betting strategy. How to use Kelly Criterion as a sports betting strategy
- Sports betting strategy. Martingale and D’Alembert financial strategies
- Flat Sports Betting Strategy Is Not Rocket Science
- NHL betting. How to make accurate NHL betting predictions
- Types of hockey bet
- About NHL betting and NHL betting strategies
- How many bookmakers to pick to make money on sports betting?
- How to start winning at sports betting
- Sports Betting. Basic betting terms
- Successful Sports Betting: Practical Tips
- What do I do if my bookmaker refuses to pay out my winnings?
- Online Bookmakers. How a bookmaker works
- Where to place safe sports bets. How to pick a reliable bookmaker
- How Bookmaker Works
- NFL betting. Where and how to succeed in NFL sports betting
- Beginner’s guide to NFL betting
- NFL betting: predictions and bets
- What makes NFL betting different
- Top popular horse betting types
- Horse betting: rules and strategies
- Horse betting: types and specifics
- Horse Racing Betting Strategies
- Arbitrage betting: best sports betting strategy
- Arbitrage Betting Strategy - your bets will be successful