Spread betting. Spread betting types in tennis[ 05.10.16 ]
Game spread betting
Out of two competing players, one is identified as the favorite and the other as the outsider. The favorite goes first and the underdog goes second. A bookmaker predicts the difference between the number of games won by the favorite and the number of games won by the underdog. If the favorite loses, the actual spread is negative. Usually, the spread varies from 4.5 to 5.5.
For example, the favorite won the match with the score of 6-4 7-6 6-2. The favorite beat the underdog in 19 games. The outsider beat the favorite in 12 games. The spread is calculated as follows: 19 - 12 = 7.
Match spread betting
Out of two competing players, one is identified as the favorite and the other as the outsider. The favorite goes first and the underdog goes second. The winner gets 10 points for winning the match and 5 points for each won set. The spread is calculated as the difference between the favorite’s and the outsider’s point total. Note that there is always a chance that the favorite may lose the game to the underdog, which results in a negative spread. For matches where a player who won two sets wins the entire match, the maximum spread value is +/- 20 points.
Suppose, the favorite won the match with the score 6-7 6-4 6-3. The winner is assigned 10 points for winning the game and 10 points for winning each set (2 х 5 = 10). The outsider gets 5 points for winning one set. In this case, the spread is: 20 - 5 = 15 points.
Total games spread betting
This spread betting type focuses on the number of played games. The favorite and the outsider are of no importance. A spread does not take a negative value.
For example, for 6-4 6-3 score, the total number of games is 19.
Cross Courts spread betting
The number of games won by Player A is multiplied by the number of games won by Player B. In this sports spread betting type, there is no need to identify the favorite and the underdog. A spread does not take a negative value but can have the maximum limit. Usually, a spread ranges from 37 to 42 points (for the score of 6-4 6-3).
For example, Nadal vs. Federer match ended in 6-4 6-4 6-7 6-7 9-7. In this case, cross courts spread is calculated as follows: (6 х 4) + (6 х 4) + (6 х 7) + (6 х 7) + (9 х 7) = 195.
- Sports Betting. Juventus vs AC Milan [10.03.17] : the tradition to beat Rossoneri in Turin
- Betting. Lyon vs Roma [09.03.17] : a goal-rich game
- Sports Betting. Napoli vs Real Madrid [07.03.17] : Partenopei to win but Blancos to qualify
- Betting. Lazio vs Roma [01.03.17] : the fierce Derby della Capitale
- Sports Betting. Leicester City vs Liverpool [27.02.17] : Reds to slay half dead Foxes
- Betting. Roma vs Villarreal [23.02.17] : the sunken submarine
- Betting sites: to trust or not to trust?
- How to pick the best betting sites?
- Sports betting sites: pros and cons
- How to Pick Best Betting Sites
- The 50th Super Bowl made history as an immensely expensive show followed by social unrest
- Super Bowl bets 2018 - 2021
- Super Bowl bets 2017
- Super Bowl 2016. Leading contenders
- NFL Super Bowl 2016. Where and when will Super Bowl 2016 take place?
- Another amazing NBA betting strategy
- Basketball betting strategy based on lineup changes
- NBA betting: Betting on favorite winning a quarter
- Even-Odd live basketball betting strategy
- Basketball betting: Odd/even score
- NBA Betting. Oscar’s Grind strategy in basketball betting
- NBA betting. How to earn on NBA arbitrage betting
- NBA Betting. How and where to place profitable basketball bets
- NBA betting. What makes NBA betting different from other basketball bets
- NBA Betting Strategies
- Yellow card football betting
- Football Betting. Live corners betting
- Corners football betting. Strategy and useful tips
- Football betting. How to make money on soccer bet
- Tips To Win At Football Betting
- Sports gambling: psychological aspect
- Basic things all online sports gambling fans should know
- Things Sports Gambling Fans Should Know
- What sets golf betting apart from other betting types
- Golf Betting. Top popular tournaments for successful golf betting
- Guide to golf betting
- Types of Golf Betting
- Spread betting. Spread betting types in tennis
- Sports spread betting. Spread betting types in football
- Sports Spread Betting: FAQ
- Types of spread betting
- Common mistakes by live betting lovers
- What makes live betting different from other online sports betting types
- Live Betting. How to succeed in live betting and minimize your losses
- What makes live betting special
- Live betting 101: Introduction
- Zero handicap and negative handicap in tennis betting
- Tennis player’s physical shape as a tennis betting strategy
- Tennis betting: long-term and combination
- Tennis betting strategies: double betting and game betting
- Tennis Betting Strategy
- Comparing the Strategies of Poker and Sports Betting
- Martingale sports betting strategy: pitfalls
- Sports betting strategies that preserve your bankroll. Money management strategies
- Sports betting strategy. How to use Kelly Criterion as a sports betting strategy
- Sports betting strategy. Martingale and D’Alembert financial strategies
- Flat Sports Betting Strategy Is Not Rocket Science
- NHL betting. How to make accurate NHL betting predictions
- Types of hockey bet
- About NHL betting and NHL betting strategies
- How does the betting insurance work?
- How many bookmakers to pick to make money on sports betting?
- How to start winning at sports betting
- Sports Betting. Basic betting terms
- Successful Sports Betting: Practical Tips
- What do I do if my bookmaker refuses to pay out my winnings?
- Online Bookmakers. How a bookmaker works
- Where to place safe sports bets. How to pick a reliable bookmaker
- How Bookmaker Works
- NFL betting. Where and how to succeed in NFL sports betting
- Beginner’s guide to NFL betting
- NFL betting: predictions and bets
- What makes NFL betting different
- Top popular horse betting types
- Horse betting: rules and strategies
- Horse betting: types and specifics
- Horse Racing Betting Strategies
- Arbitrage betting: best sports betting strategy
- Arbitrage Betting Strategy - your bets will be successful