Tennis betting: long-term and combination[ 07.10.16 ]
This article is not about arbitrage opportunities, Martingale betting system, and other curious things not directly related to sports. Although such betting strategies can generate profits, they have more of math than sports in them. We will focus on strategic decision-making by a bettor who considers themselves a tennis expert.
Long-term tennis betting
If you are a patient person who is not tempted by the desire to make quick money, long-term tennis betting is your ideal choice. What makes long-term tennis betting different from other betting strategies is that the odds are being adjusted to ever-changing circumstances. Long-term betting options for different sports are available on multiple betting sites. Tennis is the best sport imaginable to make advantage of a long-term betting strategy. When a bookmaker is calculating a betting line for one of the Grand Slam tennis tournaments several months in advance, they are relying on the current situation only. But as a tennis player is delivering different results during the season, the odds are changing. For example, if a tennis player wins a major tournament, their odds drop multiple times. You can place a big bet on a promising player. Later, if this tennis player makes it to the finals, you will lock in good winnings.
Combination tennis betting with low odds
Many bookmakers allow bettors to pick different options of the same outcome. For example, in handicap betting you can choose a less risky handicap (-2.5 instead of -4.5). In total betting, you can pick 17.5 games rather than 20.5. Less risky options feature lower odds (sometimes, the odds are twice as low). Use this strategy if you’re 100% positive that your selected favorite is a confident fighter (for handicap betting) or your favorite’s opponent will hold serves in at least 50% of games (for total Over betting). While your profits are modest, you can still increase them by using combination betting. As you probably know, a combination bet incorporates several bets. For your combination bet to win, each of your bets must be successful. For example, by bringing low odds (1.3, 1.4 and 1.45) together in a combination bet, you can easily increase the odds to 2.64 (1.3 х 1.4 х 1.45 = 2.64).
Additional tennis betting options
Fortunately for many tennis bettors, bookmakers offer a variety of additional tennis betting options. At major tennis tournaments (especially during the finals), tennis betting lines feature a great selection of additional tennis betting types, including aces betting, betting on mistakes in doubles, first serve betting, and other. All these betting options provide great money-making opportunities.
When the situation is vague and you cannot identify the favorite, knowing each player’s advantages and talents (e.g., how good they are at serving, returning, etc.) may be of great help in tennis betting. For example, most bookmakers calculate serve totals only based on previous matches, without taking a player’s potential into account. But the situation may change dramatically in the next match. By ignoring additional tennis betting options, you’re missing plenty of profitable betting opportunities.
- Sports Betting. Juventus vs AC Milan [10.03.17] : the tradition to beat Rossoneri in Turin
- Betting. Lyon vs Roma [09.03.17] : a goal-rich game
- Sports Betting. Napoli vs Real Madrid [07.03.17] : Partenopei to win but Blancos to qualify
- Betting. Lazio vs Roma [01.03.17] : the fierce Derby della Capitale
- Sports Betting. Leicester City vs Liverpool [27.02.17] : Reds to slay half dead Foxes
- Betting. Roma vs Villarreal [23.02.17] : the sunken submarine
- Betting sites: to trust or not to trust?
- How to pick the best betting sites?
- Sports betting sites: pros and cons
- How to Pick Best Betting Sites
- The 50th Super Bowl made history as an immensely expensive show followed by social unrest
- Super Bowl bets 2018 - 2021
- Super Bowl bets 2017
- Super Bowl 2016. Leading contenders
- NFL Super Bowl 2016. Where and when will Super Bowl 2016 take place?
- Another amazing NBA betting strategy
- Basketball betting strategy based on lineup changes
- NBA betting: Betting on favorite winning a quarter
- Even-Odd live basketball betting strategy
- Basketball betting: Odd/even score
- NBA Betting. Oscar’s Grind strategy in basketball betting
- NBA betting. How to earn on NBA arbitrage betting
- NBA Betting. How and where to place profitable basketball bets
- NBA betting. What makes NBA betting different from other basketball bets
- NBA Betting Strategies
- Yellow card football betting
- Football Betting. Live corners betting
- Corners football betting. Strategy and useful tips
- Football betting. How to make money on soccer bet
- Tips To Win At Football Betting
- Sports gambling: psychological aspect
- Basic things all online sports gambling fans should know
- Things Sports Gambling Fans Should Know
- What sets golf betting apart from other betting types
- Golf Betting. Top popular tournaments for successful golf betting
- Guide to golf betting
- Types of Golf Betting
- Spread betting. Spread betting types in tennis
- Sports spread betting. Spread betting types in football
- Sports Spread Betting: FAQ
- Types of spread betting
- Common mistakes by live betting lovers
- What makes live betting different from other online sports betting types
- Live Betting. How to succeed in live betting and minimize your losses
- What makes live betting special
- Live betting 101: Introduction
- Zero handicap and negative handicap in tennis betting
- Tennis player’s physical shape as a tennis betting strategy
- Tennis betting: long-term and combination
- Tennis betting strategies: double betting and game betting
- Tennis Betting Strategy
- Comparing the Strategies of Poker and Sports Betting
- Martingale sports betting strategy: pitfalls
- Sports betting strategies that preserve your bankroll. Money management strategies
- Sports betting strategy. How to use Kelly Criterion as a sports betting strategy
- Sports betting strategy. Martingale and D’Alembert financial strategies
- Flat Sports Betting Strategy Is Not Rocket Science
- NHL betting. How to make accurate NHL betting predictions
- Types of hockey bet
- About NHL betting and NHL betting strategies
- How does the betting insurance work?
- How many bookmakers to pick to make money on sports betting?
- How to start winning at sports betting
- Sports Betting. Basic betting terms
- Successful Sports Betting: Practical Tips
- What do I do if my bookmaker refuses to pay out my winnings?
- Online Bookmakers. How a bookmaker works
- Where to place safe sports bets. How to pick a reliable bookmaker
- How Bookmaker Works
- NFL betting. Where and how to succeed in NFL sports betting
- Beginner’s guide to NFL betting
- NFL betting: predictions and bets
- What makes NFL betting different
- Top popular horse betting types
- Horse betting: rules and strategies
- Horse betting: types and specifics
- Horse Racing Betting Strategies
- Arbitrage betting: best sports betting strategy
- Arbitrage Betting Strategy - your bets will be successful